“Perfect Torta”
Review of La Pinata

La Pinata
Ranked #616 of 1,746 Restaurants in Oklahoma City
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I'm sold on tortas over burritos about half the time. Nice change of pace from a burrito. The torta bun is grilled and that little bit of toasting enhances the overall flavor of the sandwich. The Chicken I ordered is the same chicken that goes in their burritios, and since I like lettuce and tomato,this was a Mexican version of a sandwich. Add the green and red hot sauces they give you and its a perfectly balanced tasting sandwich. I highly recommend trying if you haven't had a torta before. at $5, a filling lunch. La Pinata does have a bench if you want to sit next to the food truck and dine outdoors. Most people grab and go. Service is usually fairly quick. And don't forget to put a tip in the tip jar.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Very pleased with tasty tacos today. Squeeze some lime and some hot sauce and a perfect on-th-go light lunch. Chicken Burrito of chopped chicken and carnitas tacos, both tasty.. Each taco made with double corn tortilla and I love that they always give you red and green hot sauce.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Bun wins. I've tried the torta enough now that I think I prefer the toasted bun over a tortilla wrap. Think burrito fixins sandwich with lettuce and tomato and you get a torta. Something about biting into the grilled bread that adds another texture and flavor level to the chicken torta. Shredded chicken with their red hot and green sauce spread out made for a perfect sandwich for a hungry appetite. at $5 a very reasonable price.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

The Torta is my new favorite, replacing the burrito. The Carnitas burrito was good and at a convenient location near Walmart when I'm out shopping and doing errands. Carnitas Tortas is my new go to. I was thinking this is at least 4 rating as I ate but with each bite, the flovors kicked in and I had to give it a 5. can;t get much better. The shredded lettuce and thinly sliced tomatoes added a freshness to the meat and bun that the burritos dont have. at $5, a very good deal. Can't miss the yellow food truck north of the Walmart on Macarthur.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Tortas are a first for me and wont be the last. Couldn't believe how good this Mexican sandwich was. Not in the mood for a taco or burrito, I still wanted Mexican and decided to give this a try. A big roll like for a sub sandwich, sliced and grilled to toast the bun then tender shredded carnitas and chopped lettuce with some avocados, spread their tasty hot sauces, red and green and made a big lunch out of it. Their salsas gave the sandwich a nice tough of heat and kick. This food truck is a go-to when running errands around MacArthur and Reno parked about a block north, Cant miss the yellow food truck. Well worth the $5. I may just be converted from burritos to Tortas now.