“Must see in Norman!”

Historic Campus Corner District
Ranked #6 of 34 things to do in Norman
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Historic Campus Corner District is home to over 75 retail, dining and entertainment facilities with a nostalgic University atmosphere. Located just across the street from the University of Oklahoma Campus Corner has been serving the needs of students and the community since the early 1900's.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

If you're visiting Norman, this is a must see. Lots of cute shops, restaurants, and bars plus tons of OU gear if that's your thing!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We visit here every time we come in for a game. This past TCU/OU weekend was no exception. If you do not like crowds I suggest you stay home. Besides all of the bars/restaurants/boutiques they set up beer tents and radio booths on game day as well. Tons of all of the things I just listed plus some great sweet shops like doughnuts, candy, and popsicle retailers. This is such a great area for people watching and enjoying the college football atmosphere. I would suggest not even trying to park directly inside CC. Do yourself a favor and find parking by the stadium and make the walk to CC. It is only a few blocks and you will thank me later. So come out and enjoy the crowd and cheer on your team!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I first visited Campus Corner in the early 1970s when I was a kid and then went to OU in the late 70s and have been back several times. I would say it is better than some years but has room for improvement especially as you get further back. Good selection of restaurants although miss the iconic Toto pizza! For home football game days they set up with lots of vendors and beer stations and close off traffic on the side streets. It was very busy when we there about 4 hours before game time and right before homecoming parade. We went to Hideaway Pizza and the iconic O'Connell's pub has relocated from Lindsay Street to Campus Corner. Still not the same without Harold's although enjoyed the plaque on the original location.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

I wandered all around this Historic region, but it was early evening. No one was in any of the shops or restaurants. I am told that the activity does not start until after 11 pm.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I like Campus Corner very much, in part because of the great meals we had at Hideaway Pizza (Paradise Pie and Sooner Schooner--Big YES to both!) and I think it is Happy Taco? where we had a very fresh and great tasting lunch of tacos for National Taco Day. We had to rush through torrents of rain and flooded intersections to get to Hideway (very dramatic) but get there we did!

Been to Historic Campus Corner District? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK