“Nice Extras ”

Ted's Cafe Escondido
Ranked #8 of 380 Restaurants in Norman
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Serving friend and family a delicious meal in your home is deeply embedded in Mexican culture. With that in mind, Ted Curtis, our founder, set out to create a welcoming restaurant inspired by that experience. We are rooted in serving the best Mexican food, made from the freshest premium-quality ingredients, served with unsurpassed hospitality. Since the first Ted's Café Escondido restaurant opened in 1991, we have stayed true to these founding principles, without compromise. At Ted's, you are not just a customer, but our guest. We strive to make each of our guests feel welcome and special. We are passionate about continuing to prepare our fresh delicious food daily, by hand. We are dedicated to serving you with humility and heart. Our goal is to exceed your expectations on each and every visit!
Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Flexible menu with all the standard Mexican selections. Coolest part is you get queso and fresh tortillas along with the chips and salsa, as well as a free sopapilla for dessert. Wow! Tortilla soup was very good; it's broth-based. Pork was the best of the meat options for tacos. Everything seemed good and fresh. All was also mild and in fact generally bland. I guess the area isn't known for Mexican food, so maybe milder is in order. All in all, enjoyed it.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 9 August 2018

You will not be lacking for food when you eat at Ted's. Before we even got our main course, we had chips with queso and salsa and tortillas with pickled veggies...all at no extra cost.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I had some of the BEST beef enchiladas to ever tickle my taste buds. Service was great, even for a large group like ours. Oh, and ask for Jamie as your server! She’s GREAT!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

So happy to hear you're such a fan of our made from scratch enchiladas! We make all our food fresh every day to give you an exceptional experience, so we look forward to welcoming you back for another delicious meal sometime soon.

Until then,
Ted's Management

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

My family went to Teds for dinner, they told us it would be a 35 min wait which was fine since it was a Friday night. We were seated 37 minutes later and had a great server, I think his name was Cameron. He was funny and made jokes with my young grandson as well as the rest of us. I just had surgery and am on a very restricted diet and he was very accommodating and helpful. He kept drinks filled and didn’t let us run out of salsa, queso, chips or tortillas. We had an excellent experience. The food was fantastic and fresh and our server treated us as if we were his only customer even though we clearly weeent! We had a lot of fun and no worries! Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2018

It was great having you and your family in for dinner! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your made from scratch Mexican food and had a good time with Cameron -- we'll be sure to let him know. Looking forward to welcoming you back for another exceptional experience sometime soon. -Ted's Management

Reviewed 30 July 2018

While the service rendered to my group of 7 by German and his sidekick Tim was 5-star, the quality of my order of spinach quesadillas was terrible. I'm speaking personally for my order and not for any other members of my group.

I hadn't eaten at a Ted's in over 20-yrs and was actually looking forward to a good authentic Mexican meal. My group meets periodically in the Norman area for lunch, and I leave it up to them for choosing the venue. I usually trust their judgment.

We dined early on a slow Monday in April. I love spinach quesadillas and expected the quality I'm accustomed to getting at Cocino de Mino. What I got was an abomination! The top side of the tortilla was dry & devoid of grill marks. The underside was a soggy, buttery mess. Even worse, there was almost no filling to be found within the folds of the quesadilla. Plus, the complimentary chips were so thin & brittle they posed a choking hazard.

For a $10 lunch 'special', I could have gotten better quality at a fast food Tex-Mex joint for le$$.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Barbara B
David F, Owner at Ted's Cafe Escondido, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

While we're happy you finally made your way back, we're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your spinach quesadillas. We take quality just as seriously as we do service, and we make all our food from scratch every day in order to ensure a fresh and tasty meal every time. We hope to have the opportunity to make a better impression sometime soon.

Ted's Management

Been to Ted's Cafe Escondido? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK