“Missing A Beloved Moore Icon...”
Review of AMF Moore Lanes - CLOSED

AMF Moore Lanes
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had been visiting this Alley in Moore, since moving to Okla. back in the mid 70's. It was a symbol of 1st attempts at competition, and happy childhoods. Ironically, it was one of the first, almost unrecognizable, sights I saw after emerging from another of the destroyed structures in a connecting parking lot, shortly after the May 20th tornado of 2013 swept through our sleepy lil' hamlet. While towing my battered auto after the dust settled weeks later, I acquired, (from the clean up crews,) some bowling paraphernalia to donate to a dear friend in Nowata, Oklahoma. He makes extensive yard art centering around the bowling hobby. He promptly designed a dedication to the lives lost that day. If anyone else is missing these hallowed grounds besides me, check out his museum-like acreage and art in North East Oklahoma, not far off the path that is Rt. 66. If you can't make it up there the local paper ran a story about the generous gesture, or you can even read about it in the prologue/update of an un-related book I was working on at the time. Blessings to all affected.

1  Thank TiffMateas

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Bowled in a league here for a few years.Great place to go and bowl. They are NOT planning to rebuild. I will miss this bowling alley.

2  Thank dbbyrd56
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We went to this bowling alley using a Groupon and enjoyed bowling again for the first time in many years. The staff were pleasant and we had a good time. Sadly this bowling alley was destroyed in the May 20, 2013 tornado that went through Moore, Oklahoma. Not sure if they are going to rebuild.

1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I'm sure they will rebuild as it was a nice place to spend a few hours and family atmosphere. But like so many of us their building was destroyed in the May 20th tornado.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This venue isn't there any more. Due to the May 20 Tornado in Moore, unfortunately this venue is no longer there. Don't mean for the review to be terrible, but there wasn't a choice for not applicable. Just want to alert out of towners not to plan this activity.