“New Years Eve Late Breakfast”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #5 of 91 Restaurants in Midwest City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Description: As you might’ve guessed from our motto – “where the spirit flies high” – Midwest City treasures its community above all else. Black Bear Diner is a proud part of that community and has gone to great lengths to make every visit a special one. Everyone visits our diner for the tasty food but its bear-themed decor and wonderful staff are always pleasant surprises for newcomers and seasoned patrons alike.
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We decide to check this place out after driving by a few times. We are new to Oklahoma City.
The parking lot is always crowded.
The lobby area was packed but we were seated right away. ( It was a Sunday ) we expected a long wait.
I observed every employee working hard and a lot of team effort.
Everyone was pleasant and smiled at us, asked if everything was OK, or wished us a Happy New Year.
The portions are Large.
I was Happy our Waitress Faith asked if I wanted the Large or small sized Chicken Fried Steak.
I ordered the small and still it was too much for me.
Tried the red potatoes vs hash browns.
It comes with diced red and green bell peppers and onions. Also huge portions.
I brought most of the potatoes home and will have in morning.
The Biscuit was Huge !
I only ate a small amount to try and it was yummy.
My husband had a thick slice of ham with his eggs and he also ordered the red potatoes.
Hot Earl Grey Tea was really good and my husband said the coffee was good.
Everything we saw looked clean and I watched several employees cleaning at different times.
We did not use the bathrooms.
The decor is cute with a log cabin kind of feel and of Course carved Black Bears thru out.
Upon leaving to pay the lobby was even more crowded.
They have some items for sale but we really could not see them upon leaving due to the crowd.
I want to return to try the Pancakes. They look as big as your head.
Anxious to come back and try for Lunch and Dinner.

1  Thank Paula R

Reviewed 20 December 2017

Excellent service by Sissy and Alexis! Be prepared for large servings! The bacon ranch salad dressing is homemade and divine. My son said his NY strip steak was really good. My other son ordered the western BBQ burger and it hit the spot. I ordered the chicken fried steak and it was very good too. Don't forget dessert! My boys shared a strawberry shake and gave it a 10 out of 10! We also had samples of the banana cream and coconut pies...both were extremely tasty and reminded me of my grandmother's versions. Black Bear Diner originated from one restaurant in Mount Shasta, CA. They are expanding across the US. This location is a welcome addition to the restaurants in the Midwest City/Tinker Air Force Base area!

2  Thank sugarjunkie405