We have been wanting to try this resort for almost a year and decided to do a quick getaway during spring break. I do admit that the resort is showing some signs of wear and tear but overall our room was very tastefully decorated in a western motif and it was very clean. The setting was very scenic, however due to the current drought, the lake was significantly below normal. The restaurant was excellent and served huge portions. If you are watching your waistline or are a small eater, I would recommend that you split a plate. We both had the rib eye steak and it was so big that you could sail on it! My only beef (no pun intended) was that the gift shop was not stocked well at all with gifts. It looked like it was about to with lots of boxes about.
Be sure to drive into Magnum Oklahoma and try the ice cream shop and drug store on the square. The people at the ice cream shoppe were very friendly and it felt like these people knew us for many years. Nice and quaint downtown area as well. Please be aware that a lot of these small town businesses do not accept credit cards, so have some cash on hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quartz Mountain Resort, Arts and Conference Center is located on Lake Altus in the Wichita Mountains of Southwestern Oklahoma. The beauty of the Resort and landscape that surrounds it needs to be seen to be believed. Quartz Mountain Resort was re-built in 2001 and and its decor has a distinct "lodge" feeling. The property features 118 beautifully appointed guestrooms with lake or mountain views and 12 cabins. The Resort is ideal for meetings, retreats and conferences. Choose from the 5,000 square foot Grand Ballroom, one of five 2,000 square foot pavillions with lake views or the 697 seat, acoustically perfect Twin Peaks Performance Hall. Quartz Mountain Resort is home to one of the most famed dining experiences in Southwest Oklahoma, The Sundance Cafe. With breathtaking mountain and lake views, the Sundance Cafe features a menu that is distinctly Southwestern with a Continental flair. For recreation, the property has an 18-hole golf cource, in-door pool and hot tub and an on-site activities director. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts Hotel Lone Wolf
- Quartz Mountain Resort Arts And Conference Center
- Quartz Mountain Lodge
- Quartz Mountain Hotel Arts