“Great Cajun Food”
Review of Swigg's Still And Grill - CLOSED

Swigg's Still And Grill
Reviewed 26 April 2016

We really enjoy eating at Swigg' s. The employees are wonderful they talk and joke with you like they know you. It is a very comfortable place.They have the best Cajun food in Lawton. We travel to New Orleans often and other parts of Louisiana. We have had true Cajun food and theirs is right up there with it..

Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch with my husband and got the Pan fried chicken fried steak and let me tell ya, it was the BEST I have ever had.. I am from Texas and I was raised on chicken fried steak and this one was amazingly good.. We also had the swamp sampler as an appetizer and the crawfish tails and the gator tail was soo good.. The crab bisque was delicious.. Our waitress Sonya was wonderful.. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place..

Reviewed 7 April 2016

Great selection of canjun food. Boudin balls, gumbo and grilled tilapia are my favorites. They will have live music on some Friday or Saturday nights.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We went there Saturday night for birthday dinner. We were put in the back by the pool tables which was good and semi private since no one was playing pool except the family.

Gator was good, boudin balls were room temperature and tasted like they had raw rice in them. Salsa was runny.

Waitress could not keep up with who had what (but there were 10 of us), she was not attentive at all. We were asked if we needed little plates for the appetizers, we never got them. We were asked if we needed/wanted more chips..........they never came.

Salad came out for a "main" dish was tiny, but that was okay because it had a bug in it. Waitress finally came back, and was told about the problem, she took it away, then came back and wanted to know if he wanted something else, but never her nor anyone else came to apologize or to even try to make it right. Best we got was, I took it off the tab.

The Double R burger was awesome. The crawfish etouffee was gross. I can eat almost anytime but this was like someone made cream gravy, threw TOO much creole seasoning in it and served it with watery rice. The crawfish on top was good but very tiny (guessing it was the frozen stuff from the grocery store). No crawfish in the gravy mess at all. The roast beef looked disgusting but the girls said it tasted better than it looked. Chicken fried steak was okay. Cajun pasta dish was once again too much seasoning. Po boy sandwich was good. Green beans over seasoned.

We heard since it changed hands it had improved over when it was Chit's but if anything it is probably worse unless you stick to sandwiches.

The upside is they let us bring in our own birthday cake............and she did remember to bring plates for that. AFTER the cake was cut, she brought a big knife and wanted to know if we wanted to use it, little late at that point.

2  Thank peggy b
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Our waitress couldn't have been nicer, and the beer selection was great. It's rare that I run across a draft I haven't had before. The food itself was only okay though. The brisket was dry, and the catfish was a little chewy. The fried pickles were great though. Overall an okay experience.

1  Thank Zach S