All reviews hi express friendly employees late in the evening first floor comfortable bed indoor pool clean rooms hie motel driveway elevator pet interstate texas clerk
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

There was a snafu with my reservation that meant my room was not ready when I tried to check in at 10:00 pm. Thankfully there was another, albeit smaller, room available (and an appropriate reduction in price.)What made the situation okay was the good work of the clerk, who noted it was her first time on the night shift. She did great. She was friendly and sincere in her efforts to resolve the situation in a professional manner, and I greatly appreciated her concern (and that of the manager via phone) for my situation after 10 hours on the road. It was nice to see such a solid business approach for the good will of the consumer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Jalena J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Woodville,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I'm sorry that you had to be placed into a smaller room but I am very pleased that Becky was able to get you taken care of so you can rest. We hope that you do choose our location again in the future.

Until then, travel safely and take care.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We spent the night in Guthrie on our way home from a week in Colorado. We had driven for 11 hours when we arrived at our destination. The gentleman at the front desk was very informative and provided us with local information and made recommendations about local eateries. Our room was nice and clean with a comfortable king bed. We enjoyed watching the large flat screen tv to unwind. We frequent HI express and were pleased with our experience.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joyce M
Jalena J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Dear Joyce,

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad that you had a great night's sleep and a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again on your future travels.

Travel safely!

Reviewed 20 August 2017

We arrived on the evening of the Tulsa tornadoes on Aug 5 hoping to get some rest before continuing our trip to Houston. The room was dirty and missing basics like soap and the tv remote. We called for these items but the person to whom we spoke left his shift at 11pm and did not pass on the request. I had to go downstairs and insist on getting these items. The breakfast room in the morning was full with 3 families (very limited seating), though the food was ok. Access to the property is strange and it is located behind an abandoned motel. Do yourself a favor and continue to Edmond which has better offerings. Also, this experience made me rethink the "tripadvisor" ratings.

Room Tip: Keep going to Edmond
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank DCM719
Jalena J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear DCM719,

I deeply apologize for the experience that you had during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Guthrie, Oklahoma. We obviously missed the mark and I would like the opportunity to try to change your perspective on the property. If you see yourself coming to the area again, please feel free to call me at the hotel as I'd love to work with you directly with your reservations.

Once again, I am sorry for dropping the ball on your visit. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Jalena J.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We're from Mobile Alabama working in the Oilfield. We spend a great deal of the year in a hotel. This place is one of the better places we have stayed. Thanks Bill and Niesha for all your help. Breakfast is way above average. Housekeeping goes above and beyond expectations. I usually read reviews before I make reservations. Their reviews honestly weren't that good. We picked a hotel with what I thought to be better reviews. I was sadly mistaken and it didn't take long at all for us to swap to this hotel. Once we got there I realized that I was duped..... This is a very nice hotel and has a Staff that goes above and beyond expectations. I would highly recommend this place. There's just too many good things for me to name here. You won't be disappointed at all..

Room Tip: LoL.. all rooms are great here. We had 6 rooms
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Jalena J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2017

Dear r0lltyde,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! Your input is greatly appreciated. We are glad that you stay was pleasant. We hope to see you again on your future travels.

Until then, travel safely!

Jalena J.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Our family stayed for two nights, this past weekend for a family reunion with seven other hotel rooms rented out for the weekend. It was not the most reasonable or newest hotel in Guthrie, but my brother assured us all, that the HIE was a nice hotel.

The hotel room had a family suite, and it was very spacious and the room appeared to be clean. After we placed our kid's down for the night, we pulled back our hotel blankets and the top sheet on our king bed had a bright red spot on them, that appeared to be blood. We asked for a change of sheets, the next morning after removing the offending sheet to sleep on it. The manager assured us that they would be changed and upon return that evening, we noticed that they had changed the sheets, and made the bed. Unfortunately, they had not even bothered making the other beds or taking out the trash, or replacing towels, or shampoo. I went down to the front desk and asked for a replacement of these things, and they apologetically found these things for us. We were incredibly frustrating to see this lack of attention to detail, especially when housekeeping had been in the room!

The next morning, my daughter pulled her comforter back from the "pull out" and there was old dried brown blood spots from a previous occupant. We could not believe it. Totally disgusting! HIE, you can do better than this! There is stiff competition now in town, and people will choose their lodging elsewhere. I for one, have no intentions of staying at this hotel again, while visiting family.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Guthrie-North Edmond, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Hi rosehillmom,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our property particularly with the cleanliness of the blankets and the pull out couch as well as the housekeeping services. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that you would still consider staying with us again in the future.

Regards,