See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I stayed one night. The building is really old and needs upgrading. My room appeared to be clean and the towels smelled like bleach. No bugs. The bedding was clean and the bed was comfortable. This is a great hotel for oil field workers. No frills whatsoever. I slept really well by using the wall fan and did not hear any outside noise, and the place was pretty full. They have upgraded piece meal items, but have neglected the actual building. No breakfast, but I probably wound not want to eat there anyway. Very crowded parking lot. The shower water really did smell like fish water. Thankfully, it was warm water, so I at least had a nice shower.

Room Tip: This is a ground floor only motel. If you drive a large truck or SUV, you will have trouble parking in their lot. Only familiar places to eat in town are sonic and subway.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank EEKlectic
Reviewed 9 September 2014

This place is totally nasty. Bad repair. Stale smelling room. More expensive than the nicer motel next door. In fact, we moved to the Tanglewood the next night of our two-day hunt trip at Hackberry WMA and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and our warm hosts. Don't bother with the Scottish Inn. Nothing good to say.

• Stayed: September 2014
5  Thank Jake9r
Reviewed 27 October 2010

We booked this hotel ahead of time but when we got there, we had to cancel it because it was NOT clean. It was, in fact, scary.

We opened the door to a dark, stale room. I opened the curtains to find dead flies on the window sill & a spider crawling up the window.

The bathroom door would not latch.
The sink/surrounding area was dirty and had hair all over it.
I lifted the lid to the stool to see pubic hair floating on the water!
There was hair all over the bathroom floor as well.
I pulled back the shower curtain to see a dirty tub. Apparently the tub had been spray painted & that paint was peeling off. The area around the drain was horrible. The door frame & area around the light switch was FILTHY and BROWN with dirt.

One of the light fixtures by the bed had the bulb and socket hanging out of the fixture. The lamp on the table would not come on. When I checked to see if it was plugged in, I saw that the lamp was plugged to an extension cord and there was no plug-in anywhere near.

It had a microwave & fridge (not plugged in) but we did not try either.

I tested the wifi & it would not connect. I called the office & he said he'd reset his modem. I tried again and it briefly tried to connect but then dropped.

The smoke detector had been removed from the ceiling. There was NO smoke detector.

I pulled the spread down to check for bugs, but was afraid to look further.
There were several wooden slats sticking out 3-4 inches into the room... between the mattress & box spring.

We told management it was not acceptable & asked to look at a different room. The next room was the same or possibly worse than the first. We asked for a refund and one was given.

When I returned the key from the second room, the clerk said nothing in the way of an apology. I would sleep in my car before I'd stay in one of those rooms.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple