“Nice Breakfast enjoyable atmosphere. ”
Review of The Hash

The Hash
Ranked #47 of 339 Restaurants in Edmond
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A fun Retro atmosphere. Good food. Service was good. The place is small and was very busy.
We enjoyed our time and will return again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Been here several times because my friends like the breakfast but I am never impressed. Average food, average portions, high-price for a small omelet and few side choices. I wouldn't recommend standing in line. Better options are available.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

On 2nd street, east of UCO. It is on the west end of a shopping complex a couple of doors down from Pei Wei (same complex as half price book store, WalMart, etc.). Small, compact place....maybe a 60 top or slightly more. retro atmosphere, seafoam green and some nostalgic memorabilia. There is one flat screen tv but there is no way to hear it given the buzz of the place.

depending on timing, there can be a table/booth wait. There is no counter dining. Servers are nice, casual and were ever vigilant scanning table and booths for needs when going to and fro--a good sign. The menu is heavy on breakfast items. There are gluten free options aplenty. There are six or so different variations of Eggs Benedict. I selected the Florentine, eggs poached soft, with a side of salsa and cheesy hashbrowns. Food is cooked to order so it is not a fast turnaround. Restaurant gets lots of UCO and hospital related diners..

My Eggs Florentine was nicely done. The eggs were poached soft as I requested. Large fresh leaves of spinach and tomato wedges gave it almost a salad like quality. The Hollandaise was nice, fresh but slightly under seasoned although that seems to e be a trend these days in restaurants, perhaps as part of health consciousness about salt, etc. The muffins were perfectly cooked and tasted freshly baked, not sure if on the premises but definitely bakery quality (the biscuits I observed coming out also appeared bakery quality). The salsa was excellent and obviously home made (which I confirmed). It was orange (go Pokes!), more of a puree and had a great zip to it. I am told all jellys, salsa, gravies, etc. are made fresh in-house. The hashbrowns were amazing. Freshly cut potato strips, fused with cheese, crisp, 2 spatula serving size.

Very good place if you can get seated and work nearby. If you have less than an hour for lunch, I suspect it will be a push.I would probably either hit it at 11:30 or 12:30

MSA

Reviewed 3 January 2018

I brought my kids with me to have some brunch and take a break from the house during the long winter break. I ordered the Salmon Eggs Benedict, while my kids had the potato hash casserole and steak and eggs. I found my dish too heavy for brunch. Instead of lox, they used large pieces of baked salmon, which typically has a strong taste. My children, on the other hand, were happy with their choices. I say, give it a try. Only understand that although the atmosphere is retro, the food is still cooked in Oklahoma country style.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

Burgers are awesome - fresh made onion rings amazing. Friendly wait staff. Could not be better. Top it off with a visit to Half Priced Books next door.

Been to The Hash? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK