“HORRIBLE STAFF!! TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Catoosa
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“HORRIBLE STAFF!! TERRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

We paid over $200 to stay in one of their suites on the 5th floor, and we had to have maintenace come up twice, we checked in around 6 and checked out about 9 the next day, so we didn't even stay with them for 24 hours and had to have maintenance come up twice for issues with the toilet. When we called down to the front desk they were VERY VERY VERY rude, not personable or polite at all. It seemed that everyone we interacted with at the front desk hated their job, and I can see why! We were on a non-smoking floor, in a non-smoking room, and the entire hotel smelled like an ashtray. I know that the casino floor allows smoking, but for the price they are charging they should be able to take care of the smoke smell throughout the rest of the hotel. HORRIBLE, I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN IN MY LIFE! UNLESS YOU ARE A SMOKER THAT LIKES TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY TO STAY THE NIGHT SOMEWHERE, THAT YOU HAVE TO CALL SOMEONE EVERYTIME YOU FLUSH THE TOILET, THEN I DON'T RECOMMEND YOU STAY HERE EITHER! THERE IS OBVIOUSLY A REASON THAT THIS PLACE DOES NOT HAVE A 5 STAR RATING ON TRIPADVISOR, PLEASE HEED THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kelly7777777
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Eudora, Kansas
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The casino is very large with lots of slots and a few tables. All readout are digital and took some getting used to. Not real thrilled about the displays on the slots, but we did have a good time and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 31 October 2011

A group of my friends were planning a trip to the casino specifically to attend the Halloween Party and Costume contest. There was no information on their website concerning the Party/Contest. I sent an email to the "contact us" link on their website to request detailed information. It has been over a week and still no response. I phoned the casino and was given the wrong date for the Party. (he said it was on Halloween when in fact it was the Saturday before). I phoned again today (the day I found out we missed the event) and someone who could barely speak English answered the phone and could not answer simple questions. I spoke with the MOD who asked for my contact information and said that a Host would call me within one hour. It's been more than 3 hours and still no phone call. So beware of making even the simplest plans to attend this casino. Also, the casino is in a terrible location.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We have never stayed at the hotel, but the casino is awesome. Great size, lots of games, and have done well everytime we have played there....much better than the Hard Rock in Vegas or nearby Downstream casino.
Will visit again many more times over and over

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Plattsburgh, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2011

If you are a non-smoker and plan on only staying in your room, once you get through the check in process it should be better. The non-smoking room was actually non-smoking and overall was in good shape but the bathroom tub caulking needs some attention. The black mold was gross. If you have food allergies, don't bother calling the buffet to ask what options might be available, the jerk on the phone will just laugh at you. If you want to go to Toby Keith's or the Hard Rock Store and are sensitive to smoke, be prepared to hold your breath. The whole entire first floor, including the hotel check in lobby was thick with smoke. The whole stay was very underwhelming. After the deal with the jerk on the phone at the buffet, I wasn't inclined to give them any more of my money. The operator was nice as was the hotel supervisor I spoke with when no one could get a buffet supervisor on the phone but I was really just turned off to the whole thing since the incident on the phone was less than 30 minutes after we had to endure the smoke to get checked in. Even the hallway on the non-smoking floor smelled like smoke. I don't know if all Hard Rock Hotels are like this but I am not terribly inclined to try again at any of them after this visit. We stayed here just as an overnight stop on our cross country move but I wish I had gone somewhere else. We'd hoped to do the Hard Rock experience (minus the casino since our son was with us) but I think we would have been better with some Route 66 tourist trap instead. If you are a smoking gambler, you'll probably have a great time.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank L R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Catoosa
0.7 km away
20.5 km away
The Mayo Hotel
The Mayo Hotel
#17 of 108 in Tulsa

Been to Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Tulsa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK