“Quiet, nice clean room, helpful front desk”

Motel 6 Bartlesville
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Bartlesville
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I travel alot so I think my expectations are pretty high...but my wife & I had a nice stay at this hotel. It wasn't anything real fancy but our room was super clean (my wife is extremely picky about this so she was happy). Not sure why these bad reviews but I do recall someone at the front desk mentioned the hotel was under new management - so maybe they're trying harder? Anyway, have nothing bad to report...thought it was a good value. Hope this is helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Bartlesville

Reviewed 25 July 2011

Surprised to read the bad reviews our stay was very satisfactory. Location is on the main highway in the newer part of town near shopping and good restaurants. Room was very clean, comfy bed and pillows, lots of hot water. Outside temp was 104 degrees but air conditioner kept room very cool even on low setting. Property and grounds are well maintained. Ice machines were clean and in working order. Staff was super and gave great recommendations for restaurants and directions. Yes, rooms are small, hence the name Microtel, but use is made of every available space, if you just want a clean comfortable place to sleep and shower what does room size matter. The room rate was excellent,,,,,good value for the $. We definately will stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank old_traveler12345
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Clean, but crowded rooms with only the bare necessities. Very little room to move about inside the room and only one bar of soap and all-in-one shampoo/conditioner. Thin walls and smell of smoke on the "non" smoking floor and in the elevator. Staff is friendly and pleasant. Did not get coffee to go with my coffeemaker until I went downstairs and asked for it. Breakfast is limited and mildly satisfying, but included with the room. No oversize vehicle parking; which was advertised. Had to crowd the regular parking lot. No fridge or Microwave in rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Phaedra57
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I have to say that I expected more from a hotel that was only 4 years old.
The staff was EXCELLENT. The lobby was on par with other Microtel's however, that's where it ended.

Cleanliness in the room was sub-par. I may not have noticed that the bathroom was so unclean except the shower was non-working and I had to use the tub. (and heaven forbid you should misplace the tub stopper) The entire underside of the toilet hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. Walls and floor were lacking a caring hand as well. But the sink and tub area as well as the bowl and top sides of the toilet were clean. Make sure you bring shampoo as this hotel does not offer in in the room.

I must agree with another traveler....the beds were horrid for the level this hotel should be at...SUPER FIRM. The TV is precariously perched atop the armoire. I may not have noticed as the rooms ARE dark unless you want to have the garish florescent on over your bed and streaming down the plate mirrors. These must go. The rooms were large, I DID have a refrigerator and coffee maker - however they utilized the same outlet above the desk that I needed to plug in my laptop and phone. Bit of a headache.

The coffee maker worked well but if you drink for than 2 cups or use more than 2 sugars total you will need to go to the desk and ask for more...which they happily gave me.

I did not utilize the breakfast as there was very little to offer. Variety was very minimal. I had a better selection at QT and personally, after staying in the room I was leery of eating anything there.

My room was conveniently located next to the public laundry which I did use at $4.00 for wash dry and soap for one load.

Rooms were fairly quiet. You can hear people who are right outside your door and the doors do slam, but all in all...not bad

All in all the staff made the stay so it was not a total loss and I would stay there again, provided that everything worked and the room was clean. I would only stay again during a promotion as the room in it's current condition isn't worth more than $45 a night. It is a shame. I had such high hopes.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank lanavictoria
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your review. I would like to let you know the hotel is under new ownership and management. We have updated the hotel. I have put in new bedding line. We have a business center now. We now offer a better selection in breakfast, biscuts and gray, fresh fruit, yogart,toast, and many new items. Thank you for the review

Reviewed 16 June 2007

Booked a room for 2 weeks. Was told that the room would have a refrigerator and that the beds had "spongy", "pillowtop" mattresses. Not true. The mattresses were cheap, hard and horribly uncomfortable! The room did not have a refrigerator; I was later told that only the suites had them. There were no lamps in the room, just fluorescent lights above the beds, and the TV was mounted up very high (want a stiff neck anyone?). Also, I was put in a handcap accessible room, so the sink had no vanity for toiletries. I was told that they "had" to put me there (in a handicap room) because of the length of time I was staying. The entrance doors to the hotel were manual, creating quite a problem getting the luggage carriers in and out. Needless to say, I checked out the next day and went elsewhere. The only good things I could say are that the staff was friendly and the room was clean.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo