“Hungarian Rhapsody”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This bakery was such a nice surprise for us in Wooster. Everything looked delicious,but I could only buy some cookies beacuse I wa traveling and the yummy creamy cakes would have melted in my car. The cookies were very European, not overly sweet like American cookies. I wish I had a bakery like this in my area.

Reviewed 8 August 2018

For a small town to support such an Eastern European delight is a miracle. My husband and I come here every time we are in Wooster for the light opera. The menu has expanded to luncheon food, but we come for the pastry. The summer sour cherry soup was very Hungarian as was the torte, rice pudding and the poppyseed dessert, washed down with a double expresso. The place was quite busy which pleased me to see. We would hate for it to not succeed.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

It was a first time visit to Wooster on a quiet Sunday afternoon. While there were few dining options in town, this was an impossible-to-beat choice. We both had the delicate chicken paprikash crepes, a unique interpretation of an Eastern European specialty. Crepes were served with creative side salads. Then...time for desserts: So many choices! Plan on taking home some of their specialties and extend the flavorful experience. Lots of outdoor seating when weather permits.. Planning on taking visiting friends there this weekend.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Somewhat of a limited menu; However, everything is made fresh. They do have a bar with mixed drinks, beer and even have a wine on tap. A good place to get a quick bite. A good gathering point for couples or friends.

I always get the “Fish called Wanda” Sandwich. This is tunafish with a blend of seasonings. They also have a choice of fried kale or chips available with the sandwich.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

What a surprise we found a few years ago. Having the luxury of a Hungarian neighbor hood close by when growing up, we figured we'd never quite find any food like that again. And then we stumbled on Tulipan while attending the Ohio Light Opera. It is not to be missed for the quality of the food and the quaintness of the place and service. We would never come to Wooster without at least one visit to Tulipan. And we're Irish, French and German.