Holiday Inn Express Wilmington
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Wilmington Inn(Wilmington)
hampton inn(Jeffersonville)
View Hotel
All reviewshorse showroom was largefire alarmbeds were comfortablenice staymini fridgefree breakfastequestriancerealsoap
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is either fairly new or has been recently refurbished as everything is modern and in great condition. The room was large with 2 Queen beds, a microwave, refrigerator and flat screen TV, which included HBO. Breakfast is included which consisted of a wide variety of different choices. There is also an indoor swimming pool, so overall I had a very good experience at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear gineer,
Thank you so much for your recent stay. I love it that you have taken the time to share with others about out newly renovated hotel. We are so happy that others are finding it to be fresh and new.

So glad that you enjoyed the large rooms that we have and all the extra amenities that go with your room.

I hope that you will be our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The HI Express has just gone through a total renovation, well they called it that. I have not stayed there prior to this visit but I can tell you that the renovation is not working out. The entry door was hung sooo cocked the door seal did not work, the hall noise and lights at night shown through like a lighthouse beacon and fog horn.

The bathroom had 3 of 4 walls resurfaced, oops missed one. The shower is nicely tiled but OH My they forgot the shelf - throw your soap on the floor. The front clerk said "yea I've heard that" and left it at that. The show door is off kilter soo bad that it would not close.

Wow - O yea they forgot to clean my room for day two, the soap is still on the shower floor. The TV channels do not work above 150 and when notified the neglected to repair or give feedback.

Breakfast was great if you are a truck driver and need a weeks worth of carbs - very limited fruits and no yogurt.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Hello markkW2690PL,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that our breakfast and location contributed in making your experience comfortable and memorable. On the other hand, I am sorry to hear that our newly renovated rooms was not to your liking. In addition with the lapses in our housekeeping. I apologize for the inconvenience. We truly value this communication, for us it translates into an excellent opportunity to identify any aspect we must work harder on, as well as those we need to improve to achieve a much better experience. I have forwarded your genuine observations to the hotel management for review for needed improvements as we continuously strive to improve the quality of service and accommodations we offer to our guests.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. We look forward to having the opportunity to restore your confidence in our hotel in the near future.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 June 2017

While the hotel is under renovation and the construction dirt, noise and hassle can be excused, the lack of service can not.

It took them three full days to attach a cord to the phone in the room to make it useable. Four days into the stay and the printer in the "business center" is out of black ink. Asked for replacement cartridge EVERY DAY and no one has thought to send the property manager to Office Depot to get on.

Front desk ran out of key cards and requested any unused ones back from guest.

Guest Laundry out of service so the recommended going to the Hampton Inn next door to do laundry. Unfortunately, the dryer at the Hampton Inn is inop (though they offered the housekeeping dryer instead).

Breakfast is the average microwave inedible eggs, grey sausage or unidentifiable pork product. Sometimes they replace that with biscuits and some kind of congealed gravy. I wasn't bold enough to try that "dish".

Very, VERY disappointed with this property. Not up to Holiday Inn standards.

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn next door.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Jeff R,
I want to thank you for your understanding about all of the construction. I do agree with you about the customer service. We will use your comments for training and promise that this will not happen again. I do hope that you will get to come to experience the hotel in the complete finished state with retrained staff with great customer service.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

Checked into the HIE on the way through Ohio. Had stayed here before and it was ok; the pretty typical HIE which is usually good. Now I have a IHG card and am a frequent flyer with HIE and usually get a decent room; not this time. We were given a room on the second floor and after dumping our bags in the room went out for some dinner. We did think it strange there was a dehumidifier in the room, but oh well, we had been driving all day and just wanted some dinner and sleep. Upon arriving back to the room, we found the dehumidifier going. Wonder why? Well until 11:30 pm, children were whooping it up in the pool directly below us and the room smelled like chlorine. We should have requested another room but were too bushed to move our stuff. Now, I'm sure the front desk has had complaints about the rooms above the pool before. I did email the GM whose card is supplied when departing and have heard nothing. Next time the Hampton directly behind the HIE. At least the noise from the dehumidifier drown out the yelling from the children below in the pool.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Justaflyfisher
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Justaflyfiser, I am truly sorry that you didn't have a good experience when you stayed with us. I did do some research and wasn't able to find that we received an email from you. I did forward your information on to my General Manager and she will be contacting you within the day.
Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

We were in town for work. The location was convenient to our job, food and shopping. Overall the room was clean, spacious and comfortable for our week long stay. Breakfast was good. WiFi was good as well. The beds were firm, but comfy with 2 firm and 2 soft pillows. Bathroom was roomy and had good towels. Front desk ladies were very friendly and helpful. We'd stay again.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Patty M, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Wilmington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

ftblchic76, we love reviews like yours. When you have a great hotel stay and all goes well, life is good.
I do hope that you get to stay with us again, maybe next time it will be for pleasure and not for work!

Patty