“Got Spiders?”

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
cleveland, Ohio, USA
“Got Spiders?”
Reviewed 25 October 2011

This place was disgusting - you could not avoid seeing spiders everywhere you looked. It was like a horror movie! I would recommend driving by just to see it - it's that crazy. However, do NOT get a room here. After killing 2 on the doorway so I could get in, I noticed webs linking almost everything in the room. Lamp to table, table to clock, clock to wall, every single corner was already taken - they were in the sink, the shower, under the chair, etc. Like I said, stop by to see what type of place you're avoiding, then stay anywhere but here.

Room Tip: To choose a good room: Leave the parking lot and find a new hotel.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank Mike W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Manchester, Missouri
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I booked my room online for a week, with the help of my mother. Was given a confirmation number, and checked in a couple days later. The next day, I was told that I had to call my mother to have her send a front & back copy of her credit card, or leave. To the point of getting my mother involved more, who was several states away. I then had to get a hold of corporate office to help settle the matter, which I have yet to hear a reply from. Once the manager found out she messed up, she had the front desk clerk relay a message to come to the office to see her, so she could apologize, instead of her coming to the room. As well as turn back on my room phone, so I can use it again. Not to mention me ended up having to go to the office almost each day to get my room card re-activated so I could get into my room. The only staff member they had working here that not only was respectful, and knowledgeable at their job, was the front desk clerk named Benita, which I thank you for. Still wouldn't recommend this Super 8 to anyone for any reason. This has to be the only Super 8 I have stayed in that you can tell NO MONEY made is invested back into the hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 23 September 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night and had a bad experience. The staff was friendly, but we couldn't get into our room since it was entirely surrounded by massive spider webs filled with tons of giant red spiders. They were everywhere! We went back to the front desk and requested a new room (which we received), but it still had a spider problem. This Super 8 desperately needs an exterminator!

The room itself was just decent. The floors were dirty and the wifi was inconsistent. Yes, this Super 8 is less expensive than other hotels in the area, but saving a few dollars is not worth experiencing the army of spiders that have made this motel their home.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This was the best rate I found to be close to where I was having surgery. We were very happy with the service and the price.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Athens, Ohio
Reviewed 13 August 2011

This place needs a make over. It is ran down and nasty. The staff is unfriendly and not very helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family