We booked on a busy weekend (U2 concert, holiday weekend) and arrived after 4 pm.
1. The man at the desk couldn't find our reservation and suggested maybe we had made a mistake. My husband is an elite status Marriott member for many years and that is the opposite kind of reception we expected.
2. Our room wasn't ready even though it was past check in time. There was a crowd waiting in the lobby for their rooms too. We were told it would be 15 minutes.
3. After a half hour I checked with the front desk and was told to wait another few minutes.
4. I then overheard the lady at the desk tell other guests that it would be about an hour for the rooms to be ready.
5. I had to go to the desk myself to confirm that I heard that correctly. No one from the desk bothered to come over to tell us it would be an hour. Complete lack of courtesy or respect.
6. No one offered any type of compensation for our trouble. We never saw a manager.
7. At check out we turned in a comment card with our contact information. Never heard from the manager.
I am rating it a 2 instead of a 1 only because the rooms themselves were nice. The lack of service and management was an embarrassment to the Marriott name.More
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking