“Doesn't live up to Marriott name”

Courtyard Cleveland Westlake
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Westlake
Reviewed 6 July 2017

We booked on a busy weekend (U2 concert, holiday weekend) and arrived after 4 pm.
1. The man at the desk couldn't find our reservation and suggested maybe we had made a mistake. My husband is an elite status Marriott member for many years and that is the opposite kind of reception we expected.
2. Our room wasn't ready even though it was past check in time. There was a crowd waiting in the lobby for their rooms too. We were told it would be 15 minutes.
3. After a half hour I checked with the front desk and was told to wait another few minutes.
4. I then overheard the lady at the desk tell other guests that it would be about an hour for the rooms to be ready.
5. I had to go to the desk myself to confirm that I heard that correctly. No one from the desk bothered to come over to tell us it would be an hour. Complete lack of courtesy or respect.
6. No one offered any type of compensation for our trouble. We never saw a manager.
7. At check out we turned in a comment card with our contact information. Never heard from the manager.
I am rating it a 2 instead of a 1 only because the rooms themselves were nice. The lack of service and management was an embarrassment to the Marriott name.

Room Tip: Don't book on a busy weekend
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Pamela I, Manager at Courtyard Cleveland Westlake, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Dear RaniD77,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the Courtyard Cleveland Westlake.

As we pride ourselves in delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your experience. If you would like to contact me directly, I would be happy to discuss further.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope we have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Westlake.

Pamela Irion
Operations Manager
Pamela.irion@cymwestlake.com
440-871-3756

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This is a really good value for a hotel it's easy access to the west side especially to Lakewood and Rocky River. It also has accessibility to nearby restaurants animals without being around the hubbub of those areas. It's clean the service is good the staff is friendly and attentive and I've enjoyed my stay there in would come back. It has Starbucks coffee in the morning an okay breakfast a nice outdoor area for reading a fitness center and a clean whirlpool in regular pool

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cliff K
Reviewed 30 June 2017

My niece got it in her head that we should drive on vacation no real Itinerary.I was just like her two small tots.The only thing I didn't like was the sinks outside the bathroom.I don't get that.The place was lovely,the staff was warm, and helpful the area was close to restaurants.Lots of activities within a close proximity.West lake seem like a charming town.Took the kids to play. We sat in whirlpool and splashed in the pool.Cleveland is rocks so is Courtyard!I think for of it as a business persons hotel but I loved it for family.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017

The hotel itself was fine. Clean and a normal courtyard. Nothing extremely outdated. The lobby was nice, pool small but well maintained. The lobby was very helpful for some larger family meetings and there was no issue bringing in food and getting some help (corkscrews, napkins, etc.). The outstanding item was the staff. We had so many strange requests and they never missed a beat or never made it feel like an extra ask. They helped with lobby temp, volume of background music, getting ice for our daughter, letting us put some ice packs in the freezer overnight (for medication), turning on the fireplace (in summer). They were really outstanding and seemed to enjoy working there and working with the guests. One of the best groups I've worked with.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Our non-smoking room reeked of old, stale smoke which made us ill. The smell was embedded in everything, including our bedding. We reported the problem twice and were told a machine would be placed in the room to clean the air but that also was not done. The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Cleveland Westlake which was next door would have been much better: less expensive, nice free breakfast, coffee/tea/apples in the lobby, etc. Our room had enough amenities for one person. The highlight was a very nice and accommodating cleaning lady who we really appreciated.

Stayed: June 2017