“Another really good Residence Inn stay.”

Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in West Chester
NC
“Another really good Residence Inn stay.”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

It's a Marriott property. If it isn't right, they fix it. I seldom have a disppointing stay and this was no exception. Fairly new RI in upscale area with plenty of shopping and restaurants. Safe, clean and quiet...what I always expect from a Residence Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Though we might stay here again, it is unlikely. We have family in Cincinnati and stay in hotels regularly when visiting. We used to have a regular hotel that went downhill and have been looking for a new one for our visits. Based on our experience at other Residence Inns, we hoped this would be it. That is unlikely. The positives included nice decor, friendly staff, and all of the perks of a Residence Inn. It is also conveniently located close to the interstate and a lot of restaurants and stores. The negatives during our stay included an icy parking lot and sidewalks that were not cleared until the sun melted them, breakfast that was worth skipping (the eggs were very overcooked and rubbery), and a very unclean room. The assigned room had hair everywhere, including on the bathroom sink and in the bed (I stopped counting at 7 in the bed). They switched us to a different room (and upgraded us from a studio to a 1 bedroom), which appeared cleaner (though I did find some smaller hairs on the top of the bed and the bathroom sink). I was rather disappointed by the situation and the solution (other hotels have offered additional things, such as reward points or a discount, for similar troubles). Primarily for this reason, we would probably not stay at this hotel again, though we will keep it in mind if another option is not available.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Luvtravels33
Dallas
Reviewed 9 November 2011

My husband and I spent a very relaxing night in a one bedroom "suite" here in November,2011. This is a relatively new Residence Inn...I am guessing only a few years old. Honestly, we were driving from Texas to Virginia and just needed a pet-friendly hotel at which to spend the night.

The hotel is spotless and the rooms very comfortable. The beds and linens, while not luxurious, were in much better condition that most hotels at this price point ($119/night). The rooms are large and thought out with a well-stocked kitchenette, sofa and recliner, work table, etc. Being a Saturday afternoon my husband was particularly happy to see the large flat screen TV in the living room plus an extra in the bedroom. Everyone was happy.

If I had to come up with a negative it would be that there was no bathtub. There was a very nice all glass shower stall but after a long day on the highway I could have used a decent tub. No matter.

They did serve a nice buffet breakfast the next morning complete with eggs, pancakes, sausage, etc. if you prefer there are lots of dining options nearby.

Last, we were traveling with a well behaved 83 pound dog. We tolld them about the dog before checking in, walked her right through the lobby, even took her out to several times to get some exercise. The hotel never charged us a surcharge! Remarkable! I carry bags so that we never leave any sign of her in the grass but this hotel even had little bags hanging outside for those who, er, forget to bring their own. Fellow dog owners, please pick up after yourselves so that more hotels open their doors to pet lovers. I assume you pick-up at home so please show respect to others and do so on the road as well.

In summary, if I need to be in this area again I will definetly stay here and you should too!

• Stayed November 2011
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Great motel , good location, good decor. I selected this hotel as I was planning to have my dog with me, she decided not to come. When I am in the area again I will stay next door at the Marriott Courtyard which is a cut above.
A few sevice glitches at the Residence inn, requested additional towels that were not provided. I expected an upgrade as I am a Gold Card member but the room did not appear to be an upgrade. Oh Well !

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Just had the pleasure of a 1 night stay at the excellent Residence Inn West Chester( Cincinnati) and can't say enough about the place. Clean hotel, nice roomy suites & friendly staff. Hotel is not brand new, but feels new...even with a few dings & wear on some of the furniture in our room( very minor), the place still felt, smelled & looked brand new! Hallways immaculate, elevators immaculate & room was squeaky clean. We stay at hotels approx. 7-10 nights a month ( mostly Hilton & Marriott) & are VERY picky about cleanliness & the general feel of a hotel and can without hesitation recommend this Residence Inn to anyone who is worried about finding a clean well maintained hotel. The hotel served a nice simple pasta reception meal in the evening and of course set up a a full well stocked breakfast buffet in the morning...even had rice & miso etc. for asian travelers. We did not get to use the pool but we checked it out and it was sooo warm! Hotel is in a very good upscale area with tons of stores & restaurants & IKEA just a block or so away. Wished we could have stayed longer and look forward to our next trip to the area!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family