“waiting”
Review of MJ Mugsy's - CLOSED

MJ Mugsy's
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Large Italian restaurant in the middle of downtown Upper Sandusky. Reasonably priced with adequate food.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A young man sat us at table, and gave us the menues. Waited for twenty min for a waitress to take our orders. Fri night at 6:30. Looked around and noticed only two of tables had food on them. We walked out. No drink order, no eye contact , just waitress, waiters walking by our table.

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I meet some friends here for lunch. They offered a lunch buffet with salad, green beans, grilled chicken, fettuccine alfredo, ravioli, onion soup and pizza. It all looked really good but we ordered off the menu. My wife had the turkey, bacon sandwich. It was very good. I had the Reuben sandwich with steak fries. Best Reuben I have ever had. We also had the bottomless salad with bread sticks. The salad was great with their house ranch dressing. I also had the Great Lakes brewery silver and gold beer. One of some 120 beers to choose from. I will definitely go back the next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a great meal last Saturday evening. I had pork loin and it was delicious. I never eat French fries anymore since I try to eat healthy, but decided to order beer battered fries. I'm glad that I did because they were nice and crispy and super tasty. My husband ordered pasta carbonera and said it was really good. We both enjoyed the olive garden style endless salad and breadsticks.

The reason this review is 4 (was almost 3) instead of a 5 was the super slow service. Our waitress was very friendly, but very slow. After being seated it took awhile to get our drink order. Then we were served our salad and after that it was a very, very long wait for our entrees. We arrived just before 8pm on a Saturday night. The restaurant was less than half full though and there was no reason for such a long wait. I am so glad we weren't in any kind of a hurry!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went on a Sunday afternoon. We had a party of six. The food was good but the service was way to slow. The funny thing was we couldn't tell who was the waitress and who was the cook. "I think it was the same person" She was very sweet and felt bad because we were waiting so long for our food. Recommendation would be...plan on a long wait for food and don't make any plans that require a specific arrival time.

1  Thank stcroix30
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were in the area and had no idea where to eat. We stopped in weary from the road. While walking through the long narrow dining room to get to the front/bar area, a table bus person was walking directly toward us carrying a dish tub. He had a blank look on his face and just kept coming. My partner and I had to step aside as to not get ran over. He made no attempt to say excuse me or anything. Had me wondering what this visit was going to be like from jump street. We found a table and sat there a few seconds and a middle aged guy with a kid got up from the bar, chewing on something, went to the silverware bin got some stuff for us, walked to the table still chewing, no greeting no nothing, plunked down the silverware and walked away. I have little tolerance for this kind of stuff and was a knats eye lash from walking out. The saving grace was the waitress herself turned out to be pleasant and attentive. The bar area had some older tv's and cables kind of cobbled up going into the ceiling tiles which were ajar. The food presentation lacked creativity. Tasted okay though and I left full. Desserts were somewhat overpriced. The help just seemed fragmented and their were folks in and out of the back dressed in t shirts and jean shorts and other interesting attire and body markings. No uniform attire for the staff, as you would expect any decent Italian restaurant worth its salt. This place had great potential and with a few little moves and perhaps studying "Restaurant Impossible", they would make a lot of money. I wouldn't go out of my way to plan a trip back however. Boy was my blood boiling when I first walked in, but it worked out just okay.