“Probably my last carry out here.”

Glendale Garden Cafe
Ranked #43 of 786 Restaurants in Toledo
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I thought I would give GGC another try for carry out. I called and ordered a Smoked Salmon salad. I was ready quickly when I came to pick it up. The online menu said it was $10.95. I asked them to add boiled egg so thought it might change the price. The girl said that it was $13.95! What? When I questioned her a manager/owner behind her said "uh, no just $12.95. The point was it seemed like they were making it up as they went along. They've changed the price on me before when I pick up carry out. Also, there was only 1, maybe 2 ounces of salmon on the salad.
I know a lot of people really like GGC and it serves a good purpose in the neighborhood. However I won't be back. Try it if you like.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I called GGC yesterday to order a salad for carry out. I asked for the Chicken Caesar Salad. It was ready when I arrived and was fairly priced. There was big disappointment when I got home and realized there weren't any croutons on the salad! What's a caesar salad without the big crunchy croutons in that wonderful dressing? The salad itself was pretty good. Lots of crispy romaine and the chicken was cooked very nicely. I'll definately check the order very carefully if I get carry out here again. Not an epic fail but the details are important! I'll try again GGC.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Me and my wife haven't been here in years. The service was excellent speedy and attentive. By far the biggest menu I ever seen before. The food is so flavorful and using high-quality ingredients that u can taste the difference The portion sizes are very big prices are very reasonable for what you get. Definitely worth stopping by and checking out!! You'll love it too. Also forgot to mention everything is cooked from scratch it looks like too.

Thank Garrett A. M
Reviewed 19 February 2017

GGC is a local area owned diner. It has cafe in the title but it is much more!! Large menu. Large portions. Fresh fish. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Cannot go wrong!! The cafe closes early on Sunday so go early and hungry!!

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Service is excellent and quality of food ingredients is also top notch for a diner. Service is fast, friendly and efficient. The restaurant is always busy, but you get seated quickly. the baklava is excellent.