“Locals only?”

Add it.
Rick's Station Bar and Grill
Ranked #14 of 16 Restaurants in Strasburg
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I have a secret... I go to local places and evaluate the experience as if I didn't grow up around the corner. How would a tourist or someone just passing through feel about the place? This was my first visit to Ricks and with my first step in the door, I could tell this was definitely a local hang out. Normally, I would rate this as a positive but although you may excuse every patrons head turning as you walk in the door, you don't expect that from the staff. So despite feeling like I interrupted some private party, I ordered a beer (not many diverse offerings on tap), and a fish sandwich. I was promptly told I could only use a credit card on purchases over 10 dollars so found myself doing calculations in my head to make sure I hit that figure. Annoying. No pleasant conversation from the bartender, major strike, and she continued to eye me like an alien interloper. In fact, the vibe was so uncomfortable, I changed my food order to go. One ray of redemption... the fish sandwich was delicious. Huge, perfectly battered and fried, and very reasonably priced.

Date of visit: August 2017