“Not fancy just plain good food”

The Manor Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Strasburg
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 14
Description: Delight your family and friends with the generous helpings of hospitable service and tasty treats at our casual dining and family-friendly restaurant in Strasburg, Ohio. At The Manor Restaurant we go out of our way to make sure you, your family, and your friends feel welcome. As your local community restaurant, we have served up delicious meals to four generations of families in the Valley area.
Reviewed 8 July 2018

Have eaten here a couple times and it all has been very good. The prices are reasonable and the staff all extremely friendly and polite.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 14 May 2018

I expected to have fried chicken which exceeded expectations. Boy was I wrong. Salad was simply greens on a plate, chicken was somewhat dry and very unappealing and tasteless. Weren't a large number of clients in the place on a weeknight and I don't know if this contributed to the quality of the food. I won't be back for another try.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

We were hoping for home fried chicken and the chicken served didn't meet that expectation. It was deep fried, not homestyle flour breading, was more panko breaded version. The chicken strips I opted for were average, could have used more spices. The sides were very good. I had not had fresh cottage cheese in a long time, I would get it again here. French fries were just OK. Server was very friendly. Could have been more attentive. Decor very dated. Think 1960's and you are there.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife & I took my mother in law to Chicken Manor in Strasburg for her 89th birthday because it's where she wanted to go. We all ordered the same thing which was 2 pieces of chicken & i piece of fish, french fries, hot sauce, and I had salad and they had soup but I don't remember what kind of soup it was. Everything was very good EXCEPT the chicken and this is supposed to be their specialty. We all were in agreement that chicken was very dry and tasted as though it had been kept warm under a heat lamp for several hours. We ate around 4:00 and I'm pretty sure this chicken was left over from lunch. We may go back at some point but the chicken was a disappointment.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

My family has been eating at The Manor since back in the 60s.Never had a bad meal untill Saturday night,four of us out of ten people ordered the fish dinner and it was bad.The fish fillets were very thin and hard covered in a kind of plaster breading.All of us have been eating at The Manor for many years (myself 55) and have never had a bad meal untill Saturday night.We told the cashier about it who had also been our waitress and she said"I'm sorry"while handing me my credit card receipt and wished us a nice evening.End of story.We'll probably go back but if the next meal is bad l think I'll just leave and not pay,they don't seem to care about customers anymore,sad.

Date of visit: January 2018