“local Tavern setting”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2018

We stopped here while visiting the Amish area in Ohio. It was Sunday and all the Amish restaurants are closed. We were able to get good food and outstanding drinks, both items impossible to find on a Amish Sunday. Don't judge by the outside, you'd think it was only for bikers.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went on a quick getaway to Amish Country. We stayed in Berlin. This tavern was recommended to us for their steaks. It was nearly 30 minutes away, but so worth the drive! The Kansas City Strip was the best steak I ever ate. We will definitely make the drive back!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We had read and heard so much about Malcuit’s Tavern and were excited to go for dinner. I thought it was going to be a home town restaurant with great food. We went there tonight and it was awful! The hostess was very nice and sat us quickly. Our waitress didn’t even tell us her name. She had short blonde hair and had it pulled back. She had zero personality. I told my husband it was like we were on speed dining. I don’t think she could have rushed her tables any faster. I noticed all if her tables were rushed. We told the waitress this was our first visit, she said nothing. We ordered filets. I like mine medium rare , more in the rare. My husband ordered his more on the medium. She told us we needed to have them both cooked the same way. Which was not correct. We switched and tried to make them work. But they were both so greasy. They must put butter on the silver plate. It leaves a film in your mouth. The baked potato was cold and not cooked. The waitress never asked us how anything was or if we needed anything. We shared a piece of cheesecake and she took the plate before we were finished. We were literally in and out of the restaurant in 40 minutes. Speed dining at it’s worst. Save yourself the trouble and don’t go. We are foodies and had been looking forward to going to Malcuit’s. It is extremely overrated! The food is awful and the service was worse.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank JoD R
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Over the years we have stopped here, We have consistently got good meals. We had a burger and chicken. It was really good fried chicken and the buger was huge and good.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Call for a reservation, it's always busy, best prime rib and portobello chicken. The au jus is great on the prime rib.

Date of visit: May 2018