“Great get away for anniversary!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in South Bloomingville
Hocking Hills Resort
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am writting this review 1 & a half years post staying at Hocking Hills resort. I have been remanicing about the stay that my husband & I had there & feel that it needs to be shared with others who may be interested in staying there!
When we first arrived we were a little taken a back by the very long, steep, rough drive up to the "resort". Our exact words were, "Thank God we didn't bring the car!" Secondly, we arrived & no one was there to greet us, again...we were a little turned off by that. There was a note saying that they would be back, but we had no idea that there wouldn't be anyone there for us to check in. So, we waited. Luckily, the area is so beautiful & it was a beautiful, warm, early September day. So, the wait wasn't really that bad. We were greeted a little while later & given the key to our "Love Bug Cabin". The cabin was SO cute! So quaint, quiet & clean. It really was totally worth it! Starting out on this trip I was totally bummed because we had reservations for Nags Head NC for a week at the beach. Unbenonced to us a hurricane moved in two days prior to our reservation & just leveled the entire area we were to stay at! Looking up the Hocking Hills Resort was a total "whim" on my part! I had never even heard of "Hocking Hills Ohio" before! But, I am SO glad that we stayed!
We did have one issue while we were there, but it was taken care of immediatly. I had ordered a basket for our cabin & we never received it. Once I brought it to the staff's attention, they took care of it right away! They even brought us a bigger basket than I had ordered. Then we found out that they delivered that basket to the wrong room! They let us keep that basket & didn't charge us for a basket at all!
The cabin is so cute, the jaccuzi tub is awesome under the sky light. The water is a little rusty & brown, but growing up in the mountains of PA I know how the water in the woods can be! So, it was not a disapointment at all! The shower was HUGE & seating all around it. We totally loved the back porch & spent the evenings out there burning fire in the chimney. The night sky is AWESOME! There are no lights around, so you can see every star in the sky & all of the constelations. The last night we were there there was a thunder storm & let me tell you, with all the lights out in the cabin, laying in the bed & watching the lightning thru the skylight, it was so romantic!
While in the area we visited Ash Cave & I really wish we could have done more hiking & sight seeing. The area is just awesome & I can not wait to go back!
Finally, in the cabin we stayed in there is a journal from all those who come, stay & come back. It was such an awesome thing to read & to add to! I would totally stay here again & have suggested this place to others to check out! The Grouse Nest Resturant was great too! Really good food, quiet & good service!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank amyleaf
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 April 2011

We just left Hocking Hills Resort and had the most wonderful time. We loved our Love Bug Cabin, it was clean, cozy and decorated tastefully. We hiked Ash Cave State Park and returned to soak in the jacuzzi tub with the stars over our head. We will be back soon to enjoy the Hocking Hills and the Love Bug Cabin. The Grouse Nest Restaurant was an added touch that served fabulous food!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cnicley11
Reviewed 10 April 2011

We stayed at Hocking Hills Resort this and found the resort to be secluded on top of a hill, with friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in a Love Bug Cabin that had a great 2 person jacuzzi tub. We had pizza brought to our cabin and enjoyed the balcony off the bedroom, sitting under the stars with a camp fire in the chimnea. We'll be back !

Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank markgeorgesally
Reviewed 14 March 2011

the owners made a great couple of nights in to a greedy rip off. we had two good nights in one of the cabins and when i left i even cleaned the cabin and it look better than when we arrived and smelled just the same except for the fact that we made a fire in the fire place. which is going to make any place smell like smoke. Instead of calling or getting a hold of us first the owners took it upon their selves to deduct another 75.00 out of my bank account without my permission for a comforter that we allegedly ruined. and accused us of smoking in the cabin. which i made sure didnt happen. they said we were smoking because there was cig. butts (OUTSIDE THE CABIN IN A ASH TRAY THEY PROVIDED) now how is that proof that we smoked inside. And when we got there there was already cig. butts in the ash tray that wasnt ours. so what does that say about how well they clean before the next guest arrives. i didnt even get to see this so called burnt comforter because they never bothered to call me or get a hold of me in any way so that i could atleast discuss it with them and see the proof. i guess they think that i should just take the word of a complete stranger. While we was there i respected them enough to go outside and smoke and we still got blamed for smoking. maybe if they dont want there cabins to smell like smoke they shouldnt have a fire place. if you decide to go to these cabins to stay make sure you dont give them a credit card because they may take it upon them selves to lie and deduct money from your account without your permission. i will be reporting this to the better buiness bureau. CREDIT CARD USER BEWARE AT THE HOCKING HILLS RESORT

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jodygirljunction
Reviewed 12 February 2011

My husband and I got married here in 2009. They did a wonderful job. Everything was lovely and we could not have been more pleased. The next year we came back to celebrate our aniversary, stayed in one of the love bug cabins just like when we got married. It was cozy, and clean. Then we started the whirlpool tub which poured out dirty brown water. Now I live in the country, I know what well water is and this was far worst then any well water I have ever seen. So we skipped the tub and went up to the resturant for a nice dinner. They did a wonderful job at our wedding and we were very much looking forward to our dinner. There was no one to seat us, so we took a clean table in the dinning room. We waiting for over fifteen minutes to be addressed in any way. Two servers made eye contact with us, but we were never spoken to, recieved water or menues. We left very unhappy and disappointed. We did stay the entire weekend and spend a wonderful amount of time hiking and fishing. The following Tuesday I recieved a call from my credit card company about a large charge on my account. I knew that the resort would be charging it so I called the bank to approve the amount. They were trying to charge me $75 extra. I emailed the resort to ask if we had damaged something during the stay and why there was an additional fee. They corrected the charge and told me that they quoted me with a returning guest discount. Really?
I know they did a lovely job for our wedding, but I don't think we will return here for another weekend stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Christopher Inn & Suites
#2 of 8 in Chillicothe
4.7 km away
The Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls

Been to Hocking Hills Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK