I really enjoyed our time here. We went for 2 nights and it really wasn't enough time. I definitely would stay for 3 next time. The waterpark is just enough without being too overwhelming. I have 3 kids, ages 6,3, and 1 and it was perfect for them. There were plenty of life guards on duty and they were very strict about wearing life jackets in the deeper areas. My little one didn't like it, but I'd rather her be safe. The wave pool was great. The toddler pool was just the perfect depth. I only have two complaints about the waterpark. The jacuzzi/whirlpool. It is an indoor/outdoor one. That was not the problem. The problem was the little kids. I think that anyone under the age of 18 should not be in a jacuzzi. They were trying to swim in there while I was trying to relax. The other complaint is how the floor got very slippery when wet. My 3 year old fell down and I also lost my footing and fell. Even though the staff came to my aid very quickly, I think that the hotel needs to be more proactive about putting down some different flooring to help prevent future falls.
We stayed in a Tarpon room. It was nice enough. Most of the time you aren't in your room so it wasn't a big deal that the tv's were older or that it wasn't fashionable.
The arcade was a big hit with my 6 year old so much so that he didn't even get a chance to do the activities offered up for kids.
The food was good. It was a tad bit overpriced, but you are staying at a 'resort.' The breakfast buffet was so good the one morning and not so good the next, so I can't say either way to go for it, however if you opt to just go with a bagel and then coffee- the little shop next to the buffet has that, but you end up paying almost as much for that as you would the buffet.
We had room service the first night and we had a pepperoni pizza. It was really good.
Overall, we will definitely be going back. I recommend for younger kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Caribbean meets Sandusky at this ideal destination for vacationers. With its tropical theme, guests at Cedar Point's Castaway Bay feel like they have just landed on an island paradise upon entering this lush indoor waterpark resort. Castaway Bay features 237 hotel rooms and suites including family-oriented units, a 38,000-square-foot indoor waterpark loaded with water activities for all ages, fitness center, 6,000-square-foot state-of-the-art arcade, a craft and child activity center, three restaurants, retail shops, adjacent marina and space for meetings, group events and birthday parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Castaway Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castaway Bay Hotel Sandusky
- Castaway Bay Sandusky, Ohio
- Sandusky Castaway Bay
- Bay Castaway Ohio