All reviews making waffles cedar point room was clean super close continental breakfast english muffin c worked well shower pressure place to stay reasonable rates donuts worked great labor day weekend the ritz decent hotel waffle maker bathroom door
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

There rooms were dirty, and they had a very bad gross smell inside the room. It was so gross me and my family had to stand outside for about an hour. The beds were gross and I ended up sleeping in a chair

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were in a wedding Labor Day weekend and needed a place to stay in Sandusky.
I was on the hunt for a good deal and found one with the Econo Lodge. We were flying up from South Carolina and the expenses just kept piling up.
I was surprised to see such a great deal considering the hotel is in close proximity to Cedar Point and it was a holiday weekend.
We ended up getting in town earlier than expected but Tommy at the front desk was amazing. He checked to see if our room was clean and allowed us to check in early. The process was quick, however he did take time to go over helpful information regarding hotel policy.
Our room was very spacious and clean. I had read over the reviews and was very hesitant. However, I am happy we booked with that hotel. Friendly staff, variety of grab and go items for breakfast (can even make your own waffles!), and excellent rates. Plus the hotel is within walking distance of Thirsty Pony where you can grab a drink or a bite to eat. We really enjoyed our stay and will definitely book our room here for our next visit.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vthames79
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I was a little nervous staying here over Labor Day Weekend because of some of the bad reviews listed here. However, I have to report that our stay was pleasant enough.

Sure, this place has a few battle scars, but we found the room clean and serviceable. Air conditioner was a little loud, but the beds were comfortable and you could control the a/c unit.

Breakfast room is small for busy weekends, but the continental breakfast + waffle iron were fine.

It isn't the ritz and anyone thinking it is going to provide more than basic, cheap lodging has no idea what the Econo Lodge brand signifies.

Good, cheap stay. Would recommend to anyone that can't afford the ridiculously priced Cedar Point properties on Labor Day Weekend.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Dirty. Right outside my window and door. Nothing like website photos. A few unfriendly staff. Not allowed to enter breakfast room early just to get coffee. Door is locked. Not allowed to watch local channels on bfast tv-manager told me they only allow “family-friendly” weather channel and not allowed to turn it.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

For the price, this motel cannot be be beat if you’re planning a trip to Cedar Point. The location to the park is great, there’s plenty of parking, and breakfast is included. The breakfast itself could use a bit more variety - it’s just breads and cereal. The rooms are standard, perhaps a little on the dark side, and include a refrigerator. Housekeeping didn’t come until 7PM one day which was odd. If you just need a place to stay while you’re going to the park, this motel more than adequate. This is our second stay here and we’ll be back again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family