“It was very scary, ( for our 10 year old)”

Ghostly Manor Thrill Center
Ranked #6 of 38 things to do in Sandusky
More attraction details
Owner description: Multi Attraction Family Entertainment Center. Featured on The Travel Channel's "Best Places I've Ever Been." Experience the scariest haunted house you will ever encounter, ride the fastest virtual roller coaster in Ohio, experience a one-of-a-kind interactive 3D blacklight mini golf journey, bounce houses, an indoor play area or get your heart pumping some more with a whirl around the skating rink. Special Events in October (Lake Eerie Fear Fest) December (Winter Wonderland Walk Through) and in September (Lake Eerie Zombie Mud Run).
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Logansport, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“It was very scary, ( for our 10 year old)”
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Been to better haunted corn fields mazes, our son who was 10 years old at the time, was scared but not so much the rest of us. In fairness they had just opened for the day and only 3 workers were running it. But for the money it costs we were expecting a lot more. Would not nor have not told friends it was a good one.

Visited February 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Very Scary, but a little organizationally challenged”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

The haunted house was very, very scary and very well done - great props, scary effects. Some were a little disturbing and someone offensive (like a room of elderly men and women dying or having spasms), but overall, it was very well done apart from these factors. We bought our tickets online to avoid the line, but it was totally pointless. We still had to wait in the entire time and it took even LONGER to check out because now he couldn't just ring us up, he had to hunt down his copy of our receipt in a folder where they were all folded in various configurations and not organized in any manner (ever hear of alphabetical?), so he had to page through the stack several times, looking for the name on each one (sometimes the name was folded inside) before he finally found ours. How ridiculous can you be? You sell tickets on line to decrease your work effort (for both employee and client) at the site - this was exactly the opposite. But the haunted house itself was very good, their business model just needs a tweak to get them into this century.

Visited October 2011
Alexandria, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Haunt!”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We were in town for Halloweekend at Cedar Point. Cedar Point wa so crowded that we left early and decided to visit Ghostly Manor. We did both the Manor and the Gauntlet. We really enjoyed both and it was done very well. I highly recommend this haunt to anyone who enjoys a good scare. I will say that I didn't care for the claustorphobia room! My experience would have been better if we hadn't have had our 9 year old daughter with us. She is not into scary things, but we made her go through it. She clung to me the hole time and I didn't get to look and get scared like I would have liked. However, she did it and came out and said, "that was kind of fun" We liked the gauntlet maze...it was fun trying to find your way around a maze of chicken wire...you can get lost in it, for sure...as the people in front of us did. We ended up meeting up with them inside and they ended up following us out of the maze! It was a great time.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank drbrenner0626
Westerville
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Best haunted house ever!”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We went "off season" to this awesome haunted house and it was awesome! They beef it up for Halloween so it's ten times more intense! It was very intense on a regular basis! We got lost in the room with the "bodies" and could not find our way out! There were always things jumping out at us and you never knew what was coming! Every time you think you're coming to the end there is a whole new room of frights waiting! If you like scary stuff this is THE spot to go!!! They also had 3D golf and XD 4D movies that were amazing as well! And for those that like roller skating that was also available.
Alex & Connie Sombaty

Visited September 2011
2 Thank travelingwithsombaty
New Jersey
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 154 helpful votes
“It was scary and I thought we would get lost !”
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I have never done a Haunted House but my husband and I and 21 year old son decided to try it . It was evening and there were few people around . While we didn't wait long to get in , it was the same guy trying to scare us over and over again ,so the surprise element was lost . The house was well done and creepy . I went between my son and husband holding hands which made it manageable . To make it scarier I would recommend spreading out a bit ! Not recommended for under 10 , or people who get claustrophobic . Pick up a coupon and save 1 dollar per person .

Visited August 2011