“Skip Baci”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 198 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I recommended Baci to my family based on its #4 of 152 restaurant ranking on TA. Most of the reviews were positive. I am really confused by this. Baci is in the back of a Comfort Inn and has decor stuck in the ‘70s and an odd smell.Service was friendly but sporadic. We went super early, just after 5pm, in order to be able to go to a movie after dinner. Apparently, the cook was more concerned about providing the free appetizers than preparing paying customer orders because we waited for more than 45+ minutes for our salads only to find out that nothing had been started - not salads or entrees. We were told the cook was “slammed” which was pretty funny given there was only one other table. Unfortunately, we had to leave without eating. So can’t comment on the food. This was a first. Ate popcorn for dinner at the theatre.

1  Thank Deborah Q
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience. While there may have only been one visible table in the restaurant, the kitchen DOES also serve a 200 room hotel as well as a private dining area. I'm not saying that this is an excuse--or even that this happened--just that it COULD have been part of the reason for your unusually long wait. And to clarify, the restaurant is on the front side of the hotel--not tucked in the back. The restaurant was also built in the 90's with some recent additions--so we're unclear where the reference to the 70's plays a role. At any rate, we'd love it if you would come back and give us another shot to give you the amazing experience that 99% of our other guests report!

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We ended up at Baci for a work Christmas party. Don't let the cheesy 80s decore throw you off, because the food is excellent.

This is one of those places you wouldn't pick based off it's description or location, but it's really good.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

So I discovered this restaurant when I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Sandusky with my family and decided to check it out. While the restaurant is located within the hotel itself, it is a fairly decent and clean establishment with an emphasis on Italian cuisine. The employees were quite friendly and attentive to my needs and assisted me well.

I decided to go with takeout and ordered Sea Scallops which were $11. You can also order the meal which also consists of a salad among other stuff for about $25 which I didn't get. While I was waiting, they offered me some water which was really good and they also gave me silverware as well which I returned later.

The appetizer itself was really delicious and was fresh as well. Just as I would expect from an establishment like this. The sea scallops themselves were amazing and tasty and the vegetables were crisp. It was also flavoured with some white wine according to the menu I looked at.

Overall, my experience here was quite excellent and I definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys quality steak and seafood. While it can be a bit pricey, the food is prepared well and is worth it in the end. I would say this was one of the best meals I've had in a restaurant and I would love to come back sometime in the future.

And we hope you DO come back in the future! Thanks for sharing your amazing experience with us. We appreciate your business and for sharing your good thoughts!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We were passing through and saw this had a ton of great reviews so decided to give it a shot. It scared me it was in a Comfort Inn but do not hesitate it’s so great and crazy affordable!

We both had steaks grilled perfectly! Penne vodka was fresh and delish! There’s a little tray of cibatta, olives, and cheese that comes out when you order a dinner and it’s all fresh and great too.

Tina was a timely and perfect server! We will def be back!!!

And we can't WAIT for you to just that--come back for a second round! We're so pleased to hear that you took a chance on us. We appreciate that and we certainly appreciate your business! Hurry back!!

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Once seated, we were 1st in restaurant. later 3 other couples came in while we dined. The room would hold 50 easily. First thing waitress told us is they were out of perch..the cheapest and most local dish they serve. Told waitress I had dairy allergy. She claimed to understand, but served me salad with cheese on top& I sent it back. We ordered appetizer of bruchetta (no blue cheese as online and their menu state). it was soggy and had a heat finish to it. not good. Hsb. ordered wine, which they were out of. Finally found one they had-white-not bad. Ordered mussles in white wine sauce-6-8 either broke or closed mussels..which means do not eat as they are bad! They didn't go thru any of them before serving. I ordered prawns and scallops mix (not on menu but waitress suggested.) prawns had bad flavor, but scallops cooked to perfection. Too bad everything was so coated in black pepper that I couldnt eat it! Sent all but scallops back uneaten. It came with pasta with red (CHEESE!) sauce that waitress failed to notifiy me of, a salad, and antipasto plate consisting of 6-8 olive, crusty bread and butter, cheese, and shave italian sausage. My hub. enjoyed this. i had some olives. $62.00 without tip olater, we were still hungry and very unhappy. Aslo sent silverware back twice and hsb's wine glass had lipstick on it!!

1  Thank eutopiadreamer

We're very sorry that your experience didn't rival that of 99% of our other guests. It sounds as if just about everything went wrong in your case and we're extremely sorry for that. I hope that you asked for a manager while you were in the restaurant so your concerns could at least be addressed and heard. I sincerely hope that you'll give us another shot in the future. This review just doesn't sound like we put our best foot forward or that you were able to have the amazing experience of SO many of our other guests.

Been to Baci Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK