“DISGUSTING! Avoid this place! Would give zero dots if possible!”

Baci Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 198 Restaurants in Sandusky
Price range: US$ 14 - US$ 50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Junction US250 & RT2
Description: Baci Restaurant & Bar is an Italian fine dining restaurant and nightclub located in the heart Lake Erie Shores & Islands of Sandusky, Ohio. Born & raised in Italy, Carmelo Ruta, Executive Chef, in the kitchen, Baci Restaurant & Bar combines the best of old and new world thinking, to create a wonderful full-flavored and well-rounded menu.
Reviewed 17 April 2018

Once seated, we were 1st in restaurant. later 3 other couples came in while we dined. The room would hold 50 easily. First thing waitress told us is they were out of perch..the cheapest and most local dish they serve. Told waitress I had dairy allergy. She claimed to understand, but served me salad with cheese on top& I sent it back. We ordered appetizer of bruchetta (no blue cheese as online and their menu state). it was soggy and had a heat finish to it. not good. Hsb. ordered wine, which they were out of. Finally found one they had-white-not bad. Ordered mussles in white wine sauce-6-8 either broke or closed mussels..which means do not eat as they are bad! They didn't go thru any of them before serving. I ordered prawns and scallops mix (not on menu but waitress suggested.) prawns had bad flavor, but scallops cooked to perfection. Too bad everything was so coated in black pepper that I couldnt eat it! Sent all but scallops back uneaten. It came with pasta with red (CHEESE!) sauce that waitress failed to notifiy me of, a salad, and antipasto plate consisting of 6-8 olive, crusty bread and butter, cheese, and shave italian sausage. My hub. enjoyed this. i had some olives. $62.00 without tip olater, we were still hungry and very unhappy. Aslo sent silverware back twice and hsb's wine glass had lipstick on it!!

1  Thank eutopiadreamer
ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

We're very sorry that your experience didn't rival that of 99% of our other guests. It sounds as if just about everything went wrong in your case and we're extremely sorry for that. I hope that you asked for a manager while you were in the restaurant so your concerns could at least be addressed and heard. I sincerely hope that you'll give us another shot in the future. This review just doesn't sound like we put our best foot forward or that you were able to have the amazing experience of SO many of our other guests.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

My wife and I had an early dinner on a Saturday. The menu selection was limited but sufficient. Half of the choices were 4 course meals. Really tasty lobster bisque. My wife had ravioli. I had veal chop. Both were very tasty. And the service was outstanding.

We're happy to hear that we've got yet another satisfied customer who's expectations seems to have been exceeded! Thank you for your business; we hope you dine with us again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018

Title say it all.! On Friday and Saturday, live music in the evening. At my age, that is a negative, because every band starts on soft, etc...Ben Heal

ZPaulReynolds, Guest Relations Manager at Baci Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope you'll come back and dine with us again in the near future!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Bartender this evening was Good and very friendly. Dj was not good. It was new years eve and the crowd was lower than normal he could have engaged more to get the party going. Dance floor had young kids (10-14 yrs old) no slow songs for couples. No happy New year countdown or anything to get people excited.

I am concerned that you are not reviewing the correct establishment as there were NO children present on NYE and we most certainly had a count-down, party favors, and a champaign toast at midnight. We also featured plenty of slow songs for couples--mixed in, of course, with high energy dance music as well. I would definitely apologize if your review was reflective of the experience that we delivered but it simply was not. We hope you'll come visit us as we know you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 25 November 2017

Very good food. A little on the expensive side, but still great food and service. It is convenient if you are staying in the hotel.

Thank you for your feedback and for your five-star rating and review. While we are probably a little more pricey than a standard chain restaurant, we're offering food, beverage, and service that is WAY beyond what one would normally expect to receive from a dining experience. In fact, it's this "over the top" experience for which we always strive. Thank you for choosing to dine with us; we hope you'll come back again soon!

Been to Baci Restaurant & Bar? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK