“Okay”
Review of Rodeway Inn South

Rodeway Inn South
Ranked #29 of 34 Hotels in Sandusky
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The local hotels really raised prices for Saturday night. Not sure if it was because of Halloween at Cedar Point or Point Fest but the prices jumped a lot. So, we decided the only thing left to do was to try this place. It's reviews were not too bad. The bathroom had mildew in the grout, there was a dust ring about the perimeter of the carpeted floor. It was definately very simple. The beds were fine. It was fine for crashing just the night after visiting Cedar Point. Breakfast was OJ and muffins. Really, it was only $50 and truly for that price I cannot complain much. The staff was very nice and accommodating with us with an error on the reservation.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
rodewayinnsouthsandu, Webmaster at Rodeway Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had an acceptable experience with us, but I apologize that we couldn’t satisfy you completely. I’m pleased our staff were friendly and helpful. Please know that we’ve improve the hotel in many ways recently and are now providing a better experience than ever before. I hope you will soon give us another try.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 September 2011

As others have stated, this hotel did it's job, a good sleeping room, clean, and quiet. Make sure you reserve a room away from the pool, just for the noise factor. The room was clean, the beds quite comfortable. The room was cheap, and near to Cedar Point, as well as restaurants, etc. I'd use it also as a stopping off place for Put-in-Bay also, for a day trip.
My only complaint was that there was no hair conditioner provided. Plenty of soap, shampoo and clean towels.
The desk clerk's were friendly, and recommended Diana's Deli for breakfast (read my review), and we're very glad that they recommended it! :)
Packaged danish, along with coffee and juice were provided for a quick snack in the am.
All in all, we'd stop there again when travelling in the area.

Room Tip: Away from the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had a pleasant experience with us and could only find minor issues with which to find fault. Nothing means more to us than a pleasant guest experience. Since your stay, we’ve made a number of changes and improvements that make the guest experience better, and I hope you will try us again soon -- if you haven’t already. We’re always here when you need us.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here for a quick trip to Cedar Point and Put-in-Bay. This hotel did its job well, just a place to sleep, decent location and mostly renovated room (we did laugh at the 60's/70's green tub and floor tile, but the rest of the bathroom was redone).

The best part of the hotel was the Chinese take-out resturant attached to the hotel - great and inexpensive food!

If we did another 2-3 day trip, would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2011

My family and I were on our way to Michigan for the week but first stopped in Sandusky to take the kids to Cedar Point. We stayed two night. The Hotel room was nice. It had 5 double beds plenty for all of us. Bedding was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. the only complaint I have is that the Internet was Horrible, The window in the bathroom was old so we got the bugs in the bathroom. If I ever get back to Sandusky again I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

OK, I'll try and make this brief. Stayed at this hotel because it was the only choice between this and another Rodeway in the the Sandusky area (and they both had bad reviews). This was my redemption of points as a choice rewards member for a free night. Ok 1st room 237, was terrible so I asked to see another room because the have a sign out front stating "Renovated Rooms". So, I ended up staying in rm 231, which was ok. Unlike the 1st room, this room was a bit updated (to their standards, very minimally). Bathroom was extremely small but clean, carpet looked ok, linen and bedding were clean, however the beds were hard as a rock. Overall, staff was friendly but the hotel itself is very out dated. Kids were at Cedar Point and I needed somewhere to relax, it was free but I wouldn't pay to stay here. As they say, you get what you pay for (rates were about $50 I hear, it would probably be ok for 1 night (if you can get a so-called renovated room). Internet worked well, but pool is in the middle of the parking lot and the swimmers were quite loud. I didnt stay overnight, picked up the kids when Cedar Pt closed and home we went. (only lived 1 hr away).

Room Tip: "Say you want a room that has a renovated bathroom" lol...that may help.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo