The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Comfort Inn Sandusky(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$ 115
US$ 104
SleepInn
US$ 125
BestWestern.com
La Quinta Inn Sandusky near Cedar Point(Sandusky)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
Travelocity
US$ 171
Hotel Breakers(Sandusky)
US$ 234
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We found the Simpson-Flint House B&B while looking for a place to stay that was close to Cedar Point. What a great find! The hosts are fantastic, the breakfast was beautifully prepared and delicious, and the house is chock full of interesting antiques. The house is old, so it has it's share of interesting quirks, but it is very well maintained - and about a five minute drive to the park. We'll definitely stay there again on our next pilgrimage to Roller Coaster Mecca.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HouseOfStoll
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Based on the reviews here at TripAdvisor, I decided to surprise my wife with a stay here for our anniversary quick getaway. We were NOT disappointed! Jon and Cindy are truly gifted hosts, and make you feel welcome from the second you come in. We were greeted at the door by name and welcomed in by Jon. They even upgraded our room to the "Green Room" at no extra charge (we were the only guests during this weekday visit)!

The "Breakfast" portion of the deal was great, with Eggs Benedict and fresh baked mini muffins to die for! We were so full, that we never ate lunch that day...

When I think about the overpriced hotels on the strip, it only confirms that I made the right decision. The house is only 2 short walking blocks to the lake and docks to the islands, and there is plenty of scenic parks within easy walking distance. Even though it is away from the busy/crazy tourist district, the road right beside the house takes you easily there (and to the Cedar Point entrance) within 5 minutes.

Now I am a very picky person, and I would have to say that this was one of the most pleasant experiences that I have EVER had away from home. For the price (or LESS) of the cookie-cutter chain hotels, you could stay here! Now this is NOT for people with rowdy kids who only have Cedar Point on their minds, or for those looking for a pool or hot tub, but if you want to feel "at home" in a RELAXED historic setting, this is THE place. We will definitely be back. Our only regret was that we had only booked 1 day!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OhioCounseller
Reviewed 14 August 2009

The owners like to talk a lot, and Cindy takes great care to create delicious breakfasts. Breakfast is served in the extremely formal dining room, and our breakfast consisted of: orange juice, grapefruit juice, tiny bran muffins, butter, jam, diced fresh fruit (kiwi, strawberries, peaches, and pears), sausages, crepes, and coffee. The night before, she asked me if I preferred coffee or tea, and what time I'd like breakfast served. From my past experiences, that's unique because the B&Bs I've stayed at served breakfast at a certain time every day.
The house is Victorian and is decorated likewise. The only things that I personally didn't care for was the shower in the Rose Room, because it was hard and it stung (but that is a very subjective thing) and I didn't realize that there was no parking available except on a side street. It's in a residential neighborhood; some of the houses are rather nice, but some are in disrepair. I'll chalk that up to the bad economy. It's not as if the owners can control things beyond their own property.
One nice touch is the abundance of fresh flowers all over the place - Cindy has fresh cut flowers in vases in every room! There are also lots of flowers outside. The house has a security system, so that's definitely a plus.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Jon and Cindy are fantastic--I can't say we've felt more welcome then we did during out weekend stay there. They are very warm, very fun--they are so quick to make you feel like family. The accommodations are spacious and are very charming and the breakfast was a far cry better then what one usually encounters at B and B's. b/c of my curiousity, I've never made a return visit to a B and B, but I will w/ the Simpson/Flint house and Jon and Cindy.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ashjazz35
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Stayed at this wonderful, renovated-yet quaint' old Victorian while on a recent rip to Sandusky. The owners go out of their way to please their guests! I not only had a great room, but the owner and his wife invited my 2 friends who were staying at a nearby hotel to come over for one of their wonderful breakfasts! Breakfast was served in the formal dining room on beautiful old bone china - I felt like I was back in the 1800's! Do yourself a big favor - stay here instead of the over-priced and institutional hotels that populate the area! You won't regret it!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank broekerd