“Great place to stay near Cedar Point”

The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 8 Sandusky B&B and Inns
Haslett, Michigan
“Great place to stay near Cedar Point”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

My 14-year-old son and I had a wonderful time at the Simpson-Flint House. Cindy was a gracious hostess (Jon wasn't there), and we couldn't have asked for a nicer place to spend a night after a hot day at Cedar Point. The house is beautiful and the rooms were lovely and clean. In contrast to a previous review here, I liked the shower in the Rose Room -- good water pressure. It is only about 4 miles from Cedar Point, so it was quite convenient for us. Cindy was very helpful with recommendations and directions and she made us feel very welcomed. Breakfast was delicious and filling. I would definitely stay at this B&B again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Georgia13_10
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We found the Simpson-Flint House B&B while looking for a place to stay that was close to Cedar Point. What a great find! The hosts are fantastic, the breakfast was beautifully prepared and delicious, and the house is chock full of interesting antiques. The house is old, so it has it's share of interesting quirks, but it is very well maintained - and about a five minute drive to the park. We'll definitely stay there again on our next pilgrimage to Roller Coaster Mecca.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HouseOfStoll
Ohio
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Based on the reviews here at TripAdvisor, I decided to surprise my wife with a stay here for our anniversary quick getaway. We were NOT disappointed! Jon and Cindy are truly gifted hosts, and make you feel welcome from the second you come in. We were greeted at the door by name and welcomed in by Jon. They even upgraded our room to the "Green Room" at no extra charge (we were the only guests during this weekday visit)!

The "Breakfast" portion of the deal was great, with Eggs Benedict and fresh baked mini muffins to die for! We were so full, that we never ate lunch that day...

When I think about the overpriced hotels on the strip, it only confirms that I made the right decision. The house is only 2 short walking blocks to the lake and docks to the islands, and there is plenty of scenic parks within easy walking distance. Even though it is away from the busy/crazy tourist district, the road right beside the house takes you easily there (and to the Cedar Point entrance) within 5 minutes.

Now I am a very picky person, and I would have to say that this was one of the most pleasant experiences that I have EVER had away from home. For the price (or LESS) of the cookie-cutter chain hotels, you could stay here! Now this is NOT for people with rowdy kids who only have Cedar Point on their minds, or for those looking for a pool or hot tub, but if you want to feel "at home" in a RELAXED historic setting, this is THE place. We will definitely be back. Our only regret was that we had only booked 1 day!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank OhioCounseller
Michigan
Reviewed 14 August 2009

The owners like to talk a lot, and Cindy takes great care to create delicious breakfasts. Breakfast is served in the extremely formal dining room, and our breakfast consisted of: orange juice, grapefruit juice, tiny bran muffins, butter, jam, diced fresh fruit (kiwi, strawberries, peaches, and pears), sausages, crepes, and coffee. The night before, she asked me if I preferred coffee or tea, and what time I'd like breakfast served. From my past experiences, that's unique because the B&Bs I've stayed at served breakfast at a certain time every day.
The house is Victorian and is decorated likewise. The only things that I personally didn't care for was the shower in the Rose Room, because it was hard and it stung (but that is a very subjective thing) and I didn't realize that there was no parking available except on a side street. It's in a residential neighborhood; some of the houses are rather nice, but some are in disrepair. I'll chalk that up to the bad economy. It's not as if the owners can control things beyond their own property.
One nice touch is the abundance of fresh flowers all over the place - Cindy has fresh cut flowers in vases in every room! There are also lots of flowers outside. The house has a security system, so that's definitely a plus.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
bellville
Reviewed 6 October 2008

Jon and Cindy are fantastic--I can't say we've felt more welcome then we did during out weekend stay there. They are very warm, very fun--they are so quick to make you feel like family. The accommodations are spacious and are very charming and the breakfast was a far cry better then what one usually encounters at B and B's. b/c of my curiousity, I've never made a return visit to a B and B, but I will w/ the Simpson/Flint house and Jon and Cindy.

• Liked — the caretakers
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ashjazz35