See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 September 2015

My father, husband, and I stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. It is a formal house that is elegantly decorated. We stayed in two bedrooms upstairs. The green room was quite spacious and the bathroom equally so. There was a lot of storage for hanging clothes and a dresser for folded clothes. My only complaint about the room is that the blinds don't keep much of the light out. We are used to a very dark room at home, so this may not be an issue for many people.

Both rooms have sitting areas, so we were able to socialize in our own rooms. Other than the dining room, we did not utilize any other rooms of the house.

The breakfasts are served whenever you like, which is a wonderful policy. I dislike breakfast being served at a specific time when it doesn't fit with my schedule. The food itself was terrific. The table is beautifully set with different china patterns. I love china, so it was a terrific time. It was a pretty formal breakfast, which I love, but not everyone does.

The location is close to downtown with a selection of restaurants and bars and also the ferry to Put-in-Bay and farmer's market, which is on Saturday. Some of the buildings in the area were run down, but I always felt safe.

I will definitely return here during my next stay in Sandusky. I feel that I would be welcomed back as an old friend.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We had a lovely overnight with Jon and Cindy Komark at their lovely B & B in the center of Sandusky, Ohio. The house is an old Victorian, filled with wonderful furniture and collectibles of all sorts. Our green bedroom was spacious and very comfortable. The location is great for exploring Sandusky, but also apparently for those who are there to visit the nearby Cedar Point amusement park. Cindy served a delicious breakfast and Jon provided wonderful stories of their personal and professional lives. A great place to stop to visit the area or to overnight on your way East or West.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My son purchased a room for us at this B&B for our 50th anniversary. We couldn't have been more pleased! Jon and Cindy are terrific hosts and we had interesting conversations with them. The house has been refurbished and we felt that we were living in luxury. As a piano teacher, I was particularly interested in the 1865 piano that still plays. Beethoven probably played on a piano such as this one. We were surprised that Jon and Cindy provided us with champagne in our room to enjoy for our 50th. They treated us like family. I highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: The green room is a corner room with excellent decor and has the bay windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Simpson-Flint house on a trip to Cedar Point and some of the Lake Erie wineries. Jon and Cindy were amazing hosts with great recommendations for dinner as well as a delicious breakfast each morning. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and highly recommend others check out the Simpson-Flint house!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here on a trip to Cedar Point. Arrived early in the morning and picked up a key so we could let ourselves in. When we returned that night, we were greeted by one of the proprietors who cheerfully conversed with us and made us feel at home. Even though we were tired from a day at the park, it was still nice to feel welcome in a new place. The room was clean, comfortable, and well appointed - there were even fresh roses on the mantle. The next day we were treated to a full breakfast complete with fresh fruit and some homemade goodies. Lots of great conversation as well. The owners have some great stories to tell. So much so we lost track of time and wound up leaving later than planned. Definitely book a room at Simpson-Flint on your next trip to Sandusky.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple