“Charming, great breakfast!”

The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandusky
The Simpson-Flint House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 9 Sandusky B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

This place is so nice that I'm reviewing after 2 of our 3 nights. We were upgraded to the Rose room by our wonderful hosts, very spacious with beautiful furnishings. Breakfast so far has been amazing; eggs Benedict one day, scrambled eggs with smoked salmon the other. Both times accompanied by fresh fruit and hot out of the oven muffins and scones. Our hosts are so interesting, well-traveled and helpful with recommendations and directions.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 September 2015

My father, husband, and I stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. It is a formal house that is elegantly decorated. We stayed in two bedrooms upstairs. The green room was quite spacious and the bathroom equally so. There was a lot of storage for hanging clothes and a dresser for folded clothes. My only complaint about the room is that the blinds don't keep much of the light out. We are used to a very dark room at home, so this may not be an issue for many people.

Both rooms have sitting areas, so we were able to socialize in our own rooms. Other than the dining room, we did not utilize any other rooms of the house.

The breakfasts are served whenever you like, which is a wonderful policy. I dislike breakfast being served at a specific time when it doesn't fit with my schedule. The food itself was terrific. The table is beautifully set with different china patterns. I love china, so it was a terrific time. It was a pretty formal breakfast, which I love, but not everyone does.

The location is close to downtown with a selection of restaurants and bars and also the ferry to Put-in-Bay and farmer's market, which is on Saturday. Some of the buildings in the area were run down, but I always felt safe.

I will definitely return here during my next stay in Sandusky. I feel that I would be welcomed back as an old friend.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2015

We had a lovely overnight with Jon and Cindy Komark at their lovely B & B in the center of Sandusky, Ohio. The house is an old Victorian, filled with wonderful furniture and collectibles of all sorts. Our green bedroom was spacious and very comfortable. The location is great for exploring Sandusky, but also apparently for those who are there to visit the nearby Cedar Point amusement park. Cindy served a delicious breakfast and Jon provided wonderful stories of their personal and professional lives. A great place to stop to visit the area or to overnight on your way East or West.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My son purchased a room for us at this B&B for our 50th anniversary. We couldn't have been more pleased! Jon and Cindy are terrific hosts and we had interesting conversations with them. The house has been refurbished and we felt that we were living in luxury. As a piano teacher, I was particularly interested in the 1865 piano that still plays. Beethoven probably played on a piano such as this one. We were surprised that Jon and Cindy provided us with champagne in our room to enjoy for our 50th. They treated us like family. I highly recommend this B&B!

Room Tip: The green room is a corner room with excellent decor and has the bay windows.