“Terrible cabin and worse management”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Clover Retreats

Clover Retreats
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rockbridge
Clover Retreats
Parma, Ohio
“Terrible cabin and worse management”
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is, hands down, the worst rental experience in my life. When we arrived to Reed's Point, the cabin was dirty. For example, we found mouse traps under the kitchen counters, the grill cooking utensils were laying on the deck in a pile of leaves, the bed linens were dirty, the deck table and chairs were filthy, and there were beer cans in the fire pit. Aside from cleanliness, the cabin is simply not nice. The floor is terribly uneven, the deck is wobbly/unsafe, cracked window, old/worn furniture, and a musty smell. This place is in dire need of renovation. Even the paddle boat was broken and had mold in it!

Further, the pricing is deceitful. They price a SIX person cabin for two people, and charge an additional $15 per person extra. Granted, it was my fault for not reading the small print saying that, but why in the world would you price a six person cabin for two people? On top of that, they charged us a $25 transaction fee, which is completely ridiculous and not listed on the website as a cost.

Lastly, the owners or property managers are less than truthful. After we left, we were charged a $100 cleaning fee for "trashing" the place and that there were SIX cars parked there, which we're currently disputing. I was there with my 70 year old parents and there were only three cars there, so we most definitely didn't trash the place. In fact, we left the place in BETTER shape than when we got there. For example, as soon as we got there, we swept the deck, cleaned off the deck table and chairs, and washed and even BOILED the grilling untensils to ensure they were clean.

This was and is the WORST experience renting a place in my life.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank IndiansFan81
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This cabin is terrible!!!! My family and I stayed in this cabin in June. We were very disappointed as soon as we arrived. Not only is the cabin filthy, it has a terrible odor. We were so disgusted by the amenities, we contemplated leaving the moment we arrived. The linens were dirty, the couch was stained with an odd liquid, and the dishes had food stuck to them. Please, please, please do not waste your money. If you stay there after reading this, you have only yourself to blame.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ran123456
Lewis Center
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I have stayed at Clover Retreats 3 or 4 times. The last trip I was with my family which includes two children under 10. We loved the cabins, the kids loved the pond and enjoyed fishing, even caught some nice sized bass. The fire pits and hot tubs create a really nice atmosphere. I have stayed here in the past and rented all 3 cabins by the pond for a work getaway. My collegues loved the cabins. I am looking forward to going back to the cabins this spring with a group of friends. The three cabins on the pond are great if your going with a group.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 29 March 2011

I only have wonderful things to say about Clover Retreats. My family and I have stayed in every Cabin but one. This will be our 4th year we plan to go. We have never encountered a dirty cabin. Never had issues with the air conditioning and the cleaning service came each day to make sure we had clean towels. and everything was in order. I think it is one of the most relaxing atmospheres to take your family. I am not sure what the other guests were looking for but I find it very hard to believe any of it. The cabins are just as nice as the pictures show and I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone. I plan on continuing to take my family each year.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 January 2011

My friends and I stayed at the Clover Retreats Ridge Retreat cabin for the 2010 new years eve weekend and were very displeased. Two out of three of the beds had significant amounts of mouse poop underneath the covers which indicated that the beds had clearly not been stripped and cleaned for our stay and who knows when they were last cleaned. In addition, there were mouse droppings in three of the kitchen drawers which were clearly now meant for use as there was no kitchen supplies in them and they apparently just chose to have those drawers be specifically for the mice. We had to sleep on the couch and lazyboy for the first night until they came the next day to clean the bedrooms. They refused to refund us one night stay. I have uploaded the pictures of the mouse droppings on the beds to this website. Do not ever stay at one of their cabins!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank streeter1

Been to Clover Retreats? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK