The negative reviews on here are EXACTLY why we choose to stay at Harriets House. We have been staying at HH for several years now and have never had any issues whatsoever. If you want a super clean, comfortable, room at a great value, this is the best place on the island. We have been coming to PIB for close to 30 years and have stayed in many places on the island. HH is by far the cleanest, friendliest, most relaxing place to stay. Denny and Linda are very friendly, accomodating, and they certainly do run a maticulous ship. Do they let their guests break the rules / law, act like animals, and destroy their investment? No way. If you prefer that kind of behavior, go elsewhere. I love to party and drink just as much as anyone else visiting the island but when I am done for the evening, I want to leave the party where it is and go to a place where I can relax and sleep well. Thankfully Denny and Linda are on top of things to insure that their guests are enjoying the PIB experience to the fullest. This place is the best kept secret and I have some doubts about writing such a good review because I know as more and more responsible people read this and book rooms, it will just make it more difficult to get reservations in the future.
Cheers to Harriets House!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio