We stayed at Harriet's House last month and really enjoyed our stay. Harriet's House is very nice, clean, and well taken care of. It's also just a block from all the bars, restaurants, etc. Dennis and Linda are both so nice. Our room was a little small, but very clean, and the bed was very comfortable. They have brand new golf carts for rent, and they are probably the most reasonably priced on the island. Their room prices are also very reasonable, especially considering how nice they are. Probably my only complaint was I couldn't get the free wifi in our room, I had to go over by the office to get on wifi (not really a big deal when you're on vacation!). If I ever go back to Put-in-Bay, I would definitely stay at Harriet's House.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio