My husband and I just returned from a Sunday overnight stay in one of the lodge rooms at Harriet's house. The lodge rooms are for 2 people only. It is very clean and comfortable and very close to downtown. When we arrived, we were escorted to room where Linda looked it over to ensure everything was in place. We were also able to rent a golf cart here. The golf cart was pretty slow but that might be the case for all rented carts. The room was the cleanest I've ever stayed in and had a nice patio to sit on with 2 chairs and a little table where we could people watch. The room itself had a nice big bathroom area. The bedding was nice clean white sheets and a pretty quilt. The room itself had a refrigerator and coffee maker with supplied coffee and a dry bar. There was no microwave though which would have been an added plus! The blinds on the windows are cute but the one next to the bed does allow a lot of light in which was frustrating in the morning. I read reviews where people complained about how picky the owners are. I am glad they are like that because we had an awesome, clean, nice room that hadn't been destroyed from over-partying. They don't have a pool but I believe when you stay here you have access to one of the pools on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio