This is a GREAT place to stay. The room was CLEAN and well appointed; everything seemed new or nearly new. Denny and Linda are perfect hosts! The location is ideal, as you are 1 block from the center of town. Your walk includes passing by plenty of bars, restaurants, and a grocery store. We go to "The Bay" every Memorial day to celebrate my wife's birthday, and will certainly stay at Harriet's House from here on out! One FYI, there is no service in your room, so you just need to tidy up on your own, and ask for fresh towels if you need them. One last thing, it was QUIET on our street the whole weekend, which is rare for PIB; this is a direct effect of the location of the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome! Harriet's House was built around 1878 by John and Edna Esselbach becoming one of the first residences on the Island. The house still stands today in remodeled form. In 2002, Denny and Linda Rectenwald purchased the property and named it Harriet's House after the owner Harriet Tanchon. Customers have been returning year after year with the Barlows being the only group that has never missed a summer with us in 13 years. Although the ladies from Michigan and Ohio are a close second, you know who you are! Due to continual expansion, we have become know as the "Village Within The Village". Our facilities can accommodate two guests in the lodge rooms or bungalows, six visitors in the island suites and up to ten vacationers in our town houses or original house. If you are planning a reunion, birthday party, bachelorette celebration or an anniversary observance, we can house a total of 90 guests within one block of downtown Put-In-Bay. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Harriet`s House And Island Suites
- Harriet`s House & Island Hotel Put In Bay
- Harriet's House & Island Suites Put In Bay, Ohio