“Longest Bar in the World”

Beer Barrel Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 41 Restaurants in Put in Bay
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 February 2019

If you re on the Rock, this is one of the places you have to at least visit. This building was rebuilt in the 90's after a fire with the longest bar in the world and features live bands and a funky island gift shop. Also contains Tippers Restaurant. Honestly, this is a stop for the "bar crawl" crowd, and caters to people interested in getting drunk on weekend nights, but is always worth a midday quaff.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

I have been a few time this year to see the band “mustang sally”. ..a regular appearance there. Cheap drinks. Good bartenders and ALOT of bar! They weren’t kidding when they said it was the longest bar. There is plenty of room to sit and not a bad seat in the house

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 24 September 2018

We had to go as it was apparently the worlds longest bar. A bit of a dive, they sold cool necklaces, the Mardis gras type out front. I bought a neat one. The places was dark, auditorium like. But the music was great. Maybe it was just for the July 4th wekend, but they had this crazy talented piano player who went non stop with his antics music and stories. We had jello shots here also, which are always a rip off but it was fun. Stayed for a few drinks. Hard to get a drink at the bar since it was so big. Washrooms way back in the corner,..a dump but a must stop place.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 September 2018

Neat to say we seen the Worlds Longest Bar however was not impressed with anything else. Was not busy(8 people) however it took a little bit to get service because bartender was too busy talking to this 1 girl the whole time so even trying to get a 2nd drink was out of the question. When I asked about a shot that was on the bar sitting, he answered but made you feel like you put him out.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

First day was walking around gift shops and started to go into their gift shop and got stopped by employee at the door said I can’t take my water in. I told him I have health issues and just wanted to go check out the shirts. He said I couldn’t take my water in I could get water in the bar. I have health issues and always carry a bottle of water with me. I wasn't going to the bar so I didn’t go in. They lost a sale in the gift shop because my husband and I usually buy something in there even though they are usually pretty expensive. Won’t be visiting the gift shop or the bar from now on.

Date of visit: September 2018