“Multiple visits for a reason!”

Frosty Bar Incorporated
Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Put in Bay
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Great breakfast, great service.
4 of us had large hot breakfasts with quick and friendly service!
Returned a few other times for cold beers and to watch football game.
Fun and relaxing atmosphere!

Date of visit: October 2018
Kkstoiber, Owner at Frosty Bar Incorporated, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2018

Thank you so much! We're so glad you had multiple great experiences. Looking forward to seeing you again in 2019!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My husband, our two daughters and I have been making a trip to Put-in-Bay a summer tradition for years and Frosty's was always one of our stops. We've always had a nice time and good food and drinks but our past visit in August will be our last: After my daughters showed a waitress their IDs (they are 22 and 24), we were having drinks and while happily eating our pizza at the bar an angry waiter hurriedly came up to us and insisted on seeing their IDs AGAIN, was rude to us and was aggressively bending their drivers licenses back and forth, back and forth where we were afraid they might break in half. He kept saying "there's been an incident..." but it certainly wasn't the family of mom, dad and two daughters creating the incident although we were being treated like criminals. Over the next few weeks we called the bar three times hoping to get a call back with an apology or some kind of remorseful explanation but no such courtesy was extended. We shall not return after this crazed employee ruined the rest of our day.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank catherinefN1634UL

Catherine- thank you for the feedback, and I believe I spoke with both you and your husband on the phone regarding this incident. Not sure what the bending was all about, but if customers order a second drink from a different bartender, I'm surely hoping they check the IDs of young ladies such as your daughters. I hope you give us another chance soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

We heard some favorable things about Frosty's and really love pizza, so we decided to stop here to get some pizzas for dinner. There was some sort of event going on where you had to show your ID, but I didn't have mine with me due to the golf cart rental place holding it. I insisted that I just wanted to order some pizzas to go, but the lady would not let do so, and would not even let me see a menu. Still, I held onto the idea that we had heard good things about the place and so got my spouse to go there with ID in hand to order some pizzas. He had an iced tea and the lady at the door said she would need to see if it has alcohol in it, so she took his drink from him and drank from it. This was shocking, and of course one wasn't about to drink the tea after a strange woman was sipping on it. After all this fuss, we finally were able to get a pizza order in.

The order came quite a bit later than was predicted. When we finally got our food, the pizza looked very greasy. We used napkins to soak up what we could from the top of our pizzas, but they were still really greasy. Although the toppings were decent, the pizzas overall were very bland and poor in taste. The crust may have been one of the worst crusts we've encountered at a pizza place. This pizza is definitely not for anyone who would consider themselves a foodie or enjoys food with taste.

We did not experience the bar, but between our customer experience and the pizza, we do not understand how this place competes with other restaurants on the island.

Date of visit: May 2018

I'm so sorry your experience wasn't top notch. We do require IDs to enter on Fridays and Saturdays after 8:30pm, once the DJ's begin and the evening festivities ramp up. Hoping you give us another chance to make a better experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2018

We arrived early on the Island and found this place open, ended up having a great time with Gabby. Service was awesome, prices were good, the burrito part was closed. We liked it so much we ended up returning each day we came to island

Date of visit: September 2018

Great! I'm so glad you had a good trip on the island and were able to visit us multiple times. For sure stop back and try a Big Man's Burrito, but bring your appetite or some friends because they're BIG. Hope to see you on the island in the spring!

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We visited once for drinks and the next day for a great breakfast...this place has been a favorite for 20 years

Date of visit: September 2018

Thanks so much! Frosty's turns 70 next summer, and we've got many more years ahead of us!