“OMG The Boardwalk Restaurant”

The Boardwalk Restaurant Put-In-Bay
Ranked #23 of 41 Restaurants in Put in Bay
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Best restaurant in town! If you don't get their lobster bisque you will have missed an awesome treat. Tasty, rich, thick and full of recognizable lobster!
Their menu is pretty extensive. We enjoyed the soup and a batter fried walleye sandwich that would fill even the most hungry man's stomach with delicious flavor.
The restaurant overlooks the marina with a view of the Perry Victory Memorial Tower on one side and the harbour on the other two. It is a bit pricey. The cup of lobster bisque was $9.50 but it was quite filling (and so worth every bite!) Our walleye sandwich, which came with fries was I think 17.50 or in that range. But you got a very large piece of fish that extended beyond the bun on both sides. Their tarter sauce was different and very good as well. (The Boardwalk owns several of the restaurants on the island, but this on is the crown jewel of them all in our opinion. This restaurant is a must when you visit PIB

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Had a fabulous dinner with 5 other friends. We were seated almost immediately, and we had very friendly hostesses, and a wonderful waitress. The food was incredible, and everything came out exactly as ordered. The lobster bisque had big chunks of Maine lobster in it, and the Alaskan King Crab dinner was worth every penny. Our steaks were done perfectly, and the lobster tails were done to perfection. Highly recommend this place to visit when you want to sit down to a great meal with an awesome view.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Let me say we went for a late lunch on a weekday (Tuesday). Put-In-Bay is a touristy place that appeals to boaters and others who travel to the island via one of two ferry systems.

Since it was a late lunch and exstremely hot and humid we chose the Upper Deck. It had nice views, clean eating area and a nice restroom with 5 stalls (outstanding for a restaurant). The only drawback, they have hand dryers with no second option of paper towels!! The restaurant was adequately aircoditioned which was great on such a hot and humid day.

My friend chose peel and eat shrimp. A biig disappointment was that the shrimp was delivered on a plate with no ice to keep it nice and chilled. A side of fries was added to her shrimp selection. When the food was delivered an army could have been fed with the amount of fries! If you love fries these were very good but take my advice and don’t have each individual in your party order them, share!

I had the club sandwich which came with a very adequate side of fries. The club had avacado on it which was a big plus for me. I would have to say without the avacado my sandwich would have been subpar.

I think our next meal will be at another restaurant down the road.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

I go to PIB once a year with a group of 10-12 fellow employees and we always come here. Service this year was fantastic and the food was excellent. We had several of the appetizers with different favorites for each person. I had the perch and walleye platter for lunch. It was excellent and more than I could finish (blame the appetizers). Restaurant was clean and comfortable with a great view of the Bay. One of many great stops at PIB!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

It's definitely not the Boardwalk that I remember. The Lobster sandwich was just ok it was dripping water and not too many chuncks of Lobster. The Walleye sandwich was $18. The Lobster Bisque was served in a small cup for $9.50. I know this is a resort Island but there were better deals at most restaurants. The Burgers were priced appropriately. The Seafood prices are better in Florida " in season. The specials were good. I will definitely look at other restaurants next time.