“don't plan on taking a hot shower” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clinton Inn and Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Clinton Inn and Suites
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Port Clinton
Batavia, Ohio
“don't plan on taking a hot shower”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2011

Overnight rate was inexpensive so I didn't expect too much but I would have liked to have been able to take a hot shower. Took quite a while for the water to heat up and then it stayed hot for about 10 secons. There was a jacuzzi in the room but there would have been no way to fill it up with anything but cold water. Told the girl at the front desk and she was very friendly but indicated that it is an ongoing problem with the wing that we stayed in. Wallpaper was also torn. The bed was very comfortable though and I got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cincyshirley
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

The rooms were not flattering. I did not expect the best, but the toilet was leaking and needed lots of time to refill between flushes. The pool was closed and had to go to the hotel next door to swim, slight inconvenience. Not a horrible place to stay, but I would have liked to have wifi in the room and a few more channels on the television.

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank worldtraveler1986
illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

great location,big deck on lakeshore,pool right next to lake.got a good midweek deal for 59 dollars.coffee and juice available 24 hours.nice hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank idapaul
Oak Hill, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2011

I have stayed at the Best Budget Inn at least the past four years and three out of the four times something has happened. This year tops all other stays. This year, I brought my best friend and her husband both first time visitors to the area. I called the hotel several times to check my reservations because I didn't want anything to go wrong but the past history told me to keep constant checking. The lady on the other end of the phone told me that my room number would be 111 and since she was telling me my room number everything was squared away on their end. Since I had this room number confirmation, I stopped calling. Much to my demise at check-in, I was given room 215. I inquired about room 111 and said that I was given that room number, but the lady behind the counter told me that the guests in that room were now staying an extra night. Now not only did I not get the room promised but my best friend who was recovering from major surgery had to climb stairs for the duration of our stay. The whole reason I requested a suite downstairs! This was definitely the breaking point of my stays here. I can handle the small aggravations that had happened every year prior but this is unacceptable! It seems that the hotel is being run as a first come first serve and reservations doesn't matters.

I referred my parents and their four friends to the Best Budget Inn, at check-in; my parents two sets of friends didn’t even stay in the room type that they reserved because their rooms were booked with more than one separate reservation. The room that my parents were to stay in was booked with five sets of reservations! Luckily, they were the first to arrive.

Last year the room that I had reserved was still occupied by the renters that were too be checked out the day of my arrival. I was put into another room. After entering that room, the air conditioning didn’t work. The front desk moved us to another room down the hall for the night. The next day the staff promised to help us move our belonging to the room we originally reserved because the renters were checking out. The staff never showed up to help. The two of us, made four trips down the stairs, across the court yard, and back up the stair to move our belongings. Once again the first come, first serve mentality. I understand that vacationers change their plans and decide to stay another night, but if the room is booked then they should have to move to another open room. The room didn’t have a microwave that was standard for every room and we never receive one. We had to take our food downstairs to use the microwave in the common area.

The year before, we stayed in a king jacuzzi suite and everything was as promised.

The first year we stayed at Best Budget Inn, we brought two of our friends; we got the rooms we reserved. Our friends were on the first floor and we were right above them. Every time we took a shower, the water ran down the wall of our friend’s room below. When making the reservations we were promised a mini fridge. Our room didn’t have one. When calling the front desk to inquire about it, the lady on the phone was rude and said she would see what she could do. She brought up a fridge at midnight because she had to wait to get help carrying it up the stairs.

I truly believe that with better management, better maintenance, and upgrading the air conditioners to central air Best Budget could be a great hotel. Best Budget Inn has a great view, a good pool, and a wonderful patio area. With a few simple upgrades you could have the best hotel in town.

Until some changes are made, my family, friends and I will be staying at another hotel in town.

Room Tip: Call and confirming doesnt mean you receive the room you request.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank twig2604

Travellers are raving about these Port Clinton hotels

Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

The carpet was stained all thoughout the room. It went well with the matching stained chair. I wouldn't walk on the carpet without having shoes on my feet. It looked and smelled dirty. However, we were desperate for a room on a weekend where all of the hotels had been booked months ago due to the MS Bike to the Bay event. I was shocked to see that the person who serviced the room actually wrote their name on the card. I can see why there wasn't a pen or pencil in the room to write comments.

The view of the lake was delightful. However, the chairs were limited and taken. The picnic table could not be used because it was dirty as well.

Next year, I will ensure that I will have a room booked in another hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple