“Recent stay at the Holiday Inn Perrysburg French Quarter”

Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Perrysburg
Columbus, Ohio
“Recent stay at the Holiday Inn Perrysburg French Quarter”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We had reservations for Monday and Tuesday nights (7/2 and 3). First, let me say we ended up staying five nights! Due to the heat wave and awful storms, first at home in Columbus, then in Toledo area, our vacation was extremely modified. The hotel was so nice, and the personnel was terrific, that we saw no reason to move on. We visited all the attractions nearby, Zoo, Art Museum, etc. They were great, as was Fort Meigs nearby. More outdoor areas were not feasible, due to temperatures over 100 degrees, and many road closures and no power.

Despite all the problems, we managed to enjoy the hotel, the excellent breakfast bar, and the
hotel employees who are very attentive and helpful The women in the restaurant area, both hostess and waitstaff are exceptional. After one visit, they knew what we wanted to drink, where
we liked to sit, and just were very kind and friendly.

The manager should take note of his good fortune to have so many talented people in his employ. We relaxed, read, slept and forgot about our misfortunes at home for several days.
The decor is good, the pool is great, and there is a nice workout room. After all this, I have only one thing that was not great. I understand they have a full service restaurant, and want
guests to use it. Nevertheless, when I purchase a movie, or am relaxing in the room, I like to
be able to heat water for tea, or make popcorn for a snack. A microwave is pretty much stand
ard in hotel rooms today. No fridge for my insulin means bringing in the big cooler from the car
and using their electricity anyway One can pay ten dollars a day for each... but that is not at all guest friendly. I wish I could give four and one half stars, but must give four. With those two modest items, I would give ten!
Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: Our room was first floor, west side half way down. Great room, saw no others. NO FRIDGE, NO MICROWA...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shirleyalice
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 25 June 2012

WARNING: I was not advised that this hotel plays Live Jazz Music REALLY Loud on Sunday Mornings until Noon, and on Saturday Night, the bar music is really loud (as well as the people in it), and depending on where your room is, you can hear music from Saturday Night to Mid-day Sunday, which will NOT let you sleep. The walls are paper thin and you hear Everything. I felt like there was a radio blaring in my room. When I called the front desk, the lady said "We do this every Sunday morning". If you like Jazz, great, but for those of us who like to sleep in late on a weekend, it was probably the worst experience I had at a hotel thus far. Keep reading for more issues.

If you use Priceline like I did, you are pretty much screwed if you stay the weekend because there is NO way to find out that they do this until you stay here. I kept waking up and even a pillow over my head did not help. And once I was awake, I could not fall back asleep.

****************************************************************************************************

Ok so that was the warning I feel everyone should be aware of. This is the 3rd time I've stayed here thanks to Priceline landing me in this Zoo. By the way, they DO NOT accommodate Priceline users here and are amongst the Hotels who punish people for booking with Priceline. For example, when using price line, a lot of times you automatically end up with a King Bed even if you desire a Two Double Queen beds. Most hotels (if they have the availability) will switch you at no cost. This hotel however, told me that since I used priceline, that they could not accommodate me unless I paid the full $150 a night. I paid pretty close to that amount using Priceline after taxes. This hotel is NOT worth $150 a night by any means. I ended up in a King bedroom with a pullout bed (worse than most pullouts). The room design was not very inviting. I was staying with another adult and there is no place to change clothes without being seen (unless the other person closes their eyes). There is a mirror set up in such a location, that even trying to hide behind a wall will reveal your goodies. Why not change in the bathroom you ask? Well, imagine trying to change in an airplane bathroom. I am not exaggerating, the amount of room you have to move about in the bathroom is about the same as that as you find in an airplane bathroom. And trying to take a shower and dry myself off was less than thrilling. My bruised elbows which hit about every wall trying to put my shirt on, and almost falling into the bathtub just irritated me to no end. They should be ashamed of themselves. Charge me $50 a night, and i'll deal with it, but at $150 a night shame on YOU!.

There is also only one elevator per side of the hotel, one of which is placed all the way in the back of the hotel. My room was up front near the front desk. I was instructed to take the quick route "UP THE STAIRS" to get to my room. I don't know about you, but I actually carry luggage when I travel, and taking two suitcases up a flight of stairs is not how I roll. Anyhoo, I hiked a good 60 feet through double doors and another 40 feet and around a corner to the elevator, which took me to the second floor and then another 40 feet back through double doors and another 50 feet to my room. I pretty much went in a giant "U" just to get to my room. What kind of hotel places an elevator way in the back and makes you walk half a mile to get to your room? Oh I was so annoyed! Then I get to the room to try and cancel my reservation for the 2nd night and the internet was so slow my page took forever to load. You know what, I'm not even going to waste my time or yours with more complaints. Let me just some it up here: AVOID this HOTEL at ALL COSTS!

Pros: Location, flat screen TV, interesting lobby setup. Free Parking.

Cons: not enough room on this page to express but to name a few: Lack of Elevator in front of hotel for easy access to rooms, Sloooooooow internet speed, bad room designs, tiny bathrooms, no sheets for pullout bed in room, LOUD Music on weekends from Live Jazz Band on Sunday mornings and from Bar music on Saturday Night. Too Pricey for what it offers.

Side Note: if you stay here on a weekday, and maybe are staying alone, don't need internet, don't care about bathroom size, or getting ripped off, it might do just find for you.

Room Tip: Avoid at all Costs!! Stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn or Courtyard Marriott nearby for the...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank TravellingDoctor786
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Perrysburg - French Quarter, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Dear TravellingDoctor786,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you liked the location of our hotel and the free parking. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had with our facilities and services. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We all hope to have the honor of hosting you again on a future visit.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Perrysburg hotels

Reviewed 20 June 2012 via mobile

Clean rooms and comfortable beds. The LCD TV with HD channels are very nice and has a restaurant inside the hotel. Would highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank cornbread101
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is a very nice Holiday Inn for the price and area. We attended the RC Expo in Toledo and stayed here overnight.

However, here are some cautions -

Our first room was assigned on 2nd level overseeing the cocktail and dining area. Sounds nice, right? Well - there was a wedding going on, and the noise and band music was unbelievable. I took one look and said NO - we need another room.

2nd Room assigned was over the pool and it carried a very strong odor of chlorine. We were checked into it, but could not stay and had to be switched to a room on the other side of the hall.

3rd Room assigned was quiet and comfortable as expected.

If you are not happy with the room the front desk assigns, ask for a re-assignment. See tip on choosing a good room.

Overall this is a very nice full service Holiday Inn. Check out the original Ford vehicle in the Lobby - really neat.

This is my Candid Assessment. I hold the following Hotel Memberships:

Marriott Rewards
Hampton Inn HHonors
Starwood Preferred Guest
Hyaltt Gold Pass
Holiday Inn Platinum Member
Choice Hotels International
Venetian Hotel Club Las Vegas

Room Tip: WE are PLATINUM MEMBERS of the IHG PRIORITY CLUB - Holiday Inn elite, more than 300,000 points. But...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FSmithSE
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 30 May 2012

This hotel has always exceeded our expectations. The staff is always accomadating. A great place for kids with an indoor/outdoor pool, ping pong tables, pool table, game room. The rooms are a little outdated however they are always clean and the hospitality folks do a great job. The Sunday buffet is the best in the Toledo area and kids eat free if you are a hotel guest.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family