“Excellent, small, highly priced portions”
Review of Rose & Thistle

Rose & Thistle
Ranked #16 of 122 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Appetizers are very exceptional and so is their wine selection. The atmosphere is nice, and the small bar in front wasn't bothersome to me as mentioned in some reviews. The servers were on the money and they are used to serving large groups of 8-12...and the tips that are left behind. I did leave wondering if I would get the same attention on a couples night...so will find out with the wife someday soon. The entrees are small and highly priced. I have had steak here twice and this latest visit was no disappointment. The filet was done to perfection. You can get just as good of grub at the Longhorn Steakhouse for 2/3 the price....trust me. However, this is a quaint place with superb service and atmosphere so if you are looking to celebrate with a loved one or two...I believe you will have a memorable experience and will likely go back again like I have.

Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

Quaint little gourmet restaurant. A MUST to try! Food is prepared with that special touch and is constantly perfection ! Caesar salad is phenomenal, home made soups, seafood and steaks we enjoy it all and are frequent diners....no TV in bar so it's romantic and very enjoyable

Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

While travelling to Indiana, stayed in Perrysburg, OH (recommend Courtyard by Marriott for accommodations).

Found this gem via Yelp and was not disappointed in the least. Great cocktails for wife and myself. We split escargot which were done perfectly without a shell. Not overly done with garlic and were very tender.

She and my son had black grouper and I had beef wellington. We all loved our entrees but the wellington was one of the best I've ever had (even compared to ones I've eaten in England).

If you're ever in the Toledo area go a little out of your way to go here!

Chef and staff were wonderful and very accommodating. Not only to us but everyone seated around us.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

With so many wonderful restaurants in the area, why anyone would go to the Rose & Thistle is beyond me. It's pretentious with no good reason, and I'm truly amazed that it remains open.

The bar area is in the front, and generally there are boisterous locals who can be heard back in the dining room making merry. Of course, people should have a good time in a bar, but they really need to isolate that from the dining area. The noise travels over the open top, and it's beyond annoying.

The main objection is the quality for the price. It's way overpriced, and frankly, the food is not all the gourmet. All entrees are $30 or more, and they simply don't live up to the price point. Example: the NY strip steak was not properly done, and frankly, only a good dose of catsup would resurrect it.

Entrees are served with either a Caesar or house salad. The Caesar is marginal at best, and the house dressing (the only one offered) is a tarragon vinaigrette that is horrible. The menu changes often, so there's no real stability. The waitstaff, depending on who you get, is accommodating, but they tend to be a little "snooty" without cause.

This rose has a lot of thorns, and you might find a better garden for dining.

4  Thank Z6176WVwilliamc
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Very good food and service. Excellent location and very well managed place. The servers are very attentive and was the first place I had a lunch meting when moving to Ohio, so brings fond memories.

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK