“A small town diamond!”

Ranked #15 of 122 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed 22 August 2016 via mobile

While travelling to Indiana, stayed in Perrysburg, OH (recommend Courtyard by Marriott for accommodations).

Found this gem via Yelp and was not disappointed in the least. Great cocktails for wife and myself. We split escargot which were done perfectly without a shell. Not overly done with garlic and were very tender.

She and my son had black grouper and I had beef wellington. We all loved our entrees but the wellington was one of the best I've ever had (even compared to ones I've eaten in England).

If you're ever in the Toledo area go a little out of your way to go here!

Chef and staff were wonderful and very accommodating. Not only to us but everyone seated around us.

Reviewed 13 July 2016

With so many wonderful restaurants in the area, why anyone would go to the Rose & Thistle is beyond me. It's pretentious with no good reason, and I'm truly amazed that it remains open.

The bar area is in the front, and generally there are boisterous locals who can be heard back in the dining room making merry. Of course, people should have a good time in a bar, but they really need to isolate that from the dining area. The noise travels over the open top, and it's beyond annoying.

The main objection is the quality for the price. It's way overpriced, and frankly, the food is not all the gourmet. All entrees are $30 or more, and they simply don't live up to the price point. Example: the NY strip steak was not properly done, and frankly, only a good dose of catsup would resurrect it.

Entrees are served with either a Caesar or house salad. The Caesar is marginal at best, and the house dressing (the only one offered) is a tarragon vinaigrette that is horrible. The menu changes often, so there's no real stability. The waitstaff, depending on who you get, is accommodating, but they tend to be a little "snooty" without cause.

This rose has a lot of thorns, and you might find a better garden for dining.

4  Thank Z6176WVwilliamc
Reviewed 29 June 2016

Very good food and service. Excellent location and very well managed place. The servers are very attentive and was the first place I had a lunch meting when moving to Ohio, so brings fond memories.

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I was led to Rose & Thistle based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed! Since I was dining alone I sat at the bar and enjoyed getting to know some of the local regulars. The bartender, Janelle, was awesome. Very attentive without being pushy and made a great Cosmo. I ordered the scallops and house salad with the house dressing. The salad was dressed perfectly and was refreshing as a good salad should be. The scallops...oh my word... They were fantastic!!! I loved the grapefruit wedges and cilantro micro greens. They were a perfect compliment. This will be my go to place when in town on business. As a woman traveling alone it's always great to find good food and great service in a place where I feel comfortable. I will be back for sure!

2  Thank ncsu4gmb
Reviewed 13 March 2016

really wonderful filet. this place has an older clientele and can seem a bit outdated. the chef clearly cares about food and is a perfectionist. we had the most wonderful fillet here, which qualified as the best steak we have had in the Toledo area, and we are are serious fans of Mancini's Bluewater grille.

1  Thank deardarling1

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK