“Great find!”

Ranked #16 of 122 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I was led to Rose & Thistle based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed! Since I was dining alone I sat at the bar and enjoyed getting to know some of the local regulars. The bartender, Janelle, was awesome. Very attentive without being pushy and made a great Cosmo. I ordered the scallops and house salad with the house dressing. The salad was dressed perfectly and was refreshing as a good salad should be. The scallops...oh my word... They were fantastic!!! I loved the grapefruit wedges and cilantro micro greens. They were a perfect compliment. This will be my go to place when in town on business. As a woman traveling alone it's always great to find good food and great service in a place where I feel comfortable. I will be back for sure!

2  Thank ncsu4gmb

Reviewed 13 March 2016

really wonderful filet. this place has an older clientele and can seem a bit outdated. the chef clearly cares about food and is a perfectionist. we had the most wonderful fillet here, which qualified as the best steak we have had in the Toledo area, and we are are serious fans of Mancini's Bluewater grille.

1  Thank deardarling1
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I have lived in Northwest Ohio a majority of my life but last evening was the first time I had the pleasure of dining at Rose and Thistle. I can't tell you how many times I've strolled by the building over the years! In search of something new for our Senior Staff dinner, we decided upon Rose and Thistle.

From the time the group arrived to the time we left, it was an amazing experience. I don't think anyone left much on their plate from appetizers to dessert. I had a taste of the cheese plate, escargot, a caesar salad, the beef wellington and a bit of creme brulee. I can honestly say this is the best meal I've had in a while (and wasn't stuffed...perfect sized portions)! My work colleague had the sea bass (it's her favorite menu option to order) and said it was the tastiest plate she's had!

Great music, lots of laughter, amazing food ... thank you Rose and Thistle, Jenny and Chef Matt for our BEST Senior Staff dinner yet!

1  Thank Courtney W
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We ate here on New Year's Eve and it was hands down, the best meal I've had in Toledo. The service was impeccable and the food was original. It was fantastic. Every bite was better than the next. The atmosphere is awesome too. Very quaint.

1  Thank AshReneeMcMahon
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

We have been here s few times and always eaten at the bar (but the dining room is very intimate if you prefer a more formal experience. The bartenders are so friendly and make fantastic drinks (old fashioneds for us). We have had scallops, salmon, and the beef Wellington, and each were among the best we've ever had. They will also let you split an entree for a small fee, which include full salads, extra sides, and served as if separate entrees. Perfect!

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK