“Historic Perrysburg Hidden Gem”
Review of Rose & Thistle

Rose & Thistle
Ranked #17 of 122 Restaurants in Perrysburg
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 45
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Rose and Thistle founded by Lee Tebbetts(deceased) in 2001 and now run and owned by Chef Matthew Gustovson, offers elegant fine dining with an emphasis on service that makes everyone feel like a local. The menu which is ever changing, keeps up with the only fresh ingredients, including amazing seafood, hand cut steaks and what the seasons bring through the door. The top shelf bar offers a great place to mingle with locals and visitors alike, great wines, tapped local beers make The Rose and Thistle one of the tastiest and friendliest places in Perrysburg.
Reviewed 22 January 2016

I have lived in Northwest Ohio a majority of my life but last evening was the first time I had the pleasure of dining at Rose and Thistle. I can't tell you how many times I've strolled by the building over the years! In search of something new for our Senior Staff dinner, we decided upon Rose and Thistle.

From the time the group arrived to the time we left, it was an amazing experience. I don't think anyone left much on their plate from appetizers to dessert. I had a taste of the cheese plate, escargot, a caesar salad, the beef wellington and a bit of creme brulee. I can honestly say this is the best meal I've had in a while (and wasn't stuffed...perfect sized portions)! My work colleague had the sea bass (it's her favorite menu option to order) and said it was the tastiest plate she's had!

Great music, lots of laughter, amazing food ... thank you Rose and Thistle, Jenny and Chef Matt for our BEST Senior Staff dinner yet!

1  Thank Courtney W

Reviewed 15 January 2016

We ate here on New Year's Eve and it was hands down, the best meal I've had in Toledo. The service was impeccable and the food was original. It was fantastic. Every bite was better than the next. The atmosphere is awesome too. Very quaint.

1  Thank AshReneeMcMahon
Reviewed 11 January 2016 via mobile

We have been here s few times and always eaten at the bar (but the dining room is very intimate if you prefer a more formal experience. The bartenders are so friendly and make fantastic drinks (old fashioneds for us). We have had scallops, salmon, and the beef Wellington, and each were among the best we've ever had. They will also let you split an entree for a small fee, which include full salads, extra sides, and served as if separate entrees. Perfect!

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Interesting decor pleasant with brick walls
Perfect food , limited menu
You must make reservations
Busy most evenings
Great staff !!!!!!
Terrific owner!!!!

1  Thank ShuGirl6
Reviewed 15 October 2015

We were traveling in the area and visited Perrysburg for the afternoon. Tired of fast food on the road we were looking for a restaurant with fresh food options. Rose and Thistle did not disappoint. We chose burgers which were large and juicy with truffle fries. Splurged on some home made treats for dessert. Would like to revisit for dinner!

Been to Rose & Thistle? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK