“Best Italian Food I've Ever Had”

Paesano's Pasta House
Ranked #4 of 79 Restaurants in Oxford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My wife and I went there for our anniversary and ordered the fish special. It was the best fish and pasta dish I have ever eaten (don't tell my wife that). The service was great in the quaint little restaurant that is off of the beaten path, but well worth it. The service was fantastic and the owner even stopped by our table and brought us a bottle of wine and wished us a happy anniversary!
One of my favorite places to eat ever!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

The food was delicioco ! The scallop dish was cooked to perfection and I loved the sauce. Their calamari was tasty as well as their crab cake. Everyone enjoyed their food at our table, however the service was not what I was expecting. The service was prompt, that wasn’t the problem. I heard the waitress’s shtick at a nearby table but her shtick was non existent at ours. We didn’t hear the specials and it seemed as though she might have been either neglecting or rushing things along for our table. I Just didn’t feel like she was moving at our pace, I understand in restaurants servers get busy. But that doesn’t justify sacrificing what could have been a perfect meal! Perhaps it was a fluke incident and it’s only my opinion. I didn’t complain, I was just a little disappointed because it was a special occasion and felt that we were overlooked because the server had other agendas other than genuine hospitaliano. Overall, I would visit again because the food is outstanding, but only ask that the service staff remember never substitute quality service with watered down service because your weeded, it leaves the guest feeling less than. A great man once said “good food can’t save bad service.” It’s true.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

What started as a table for 10 grew to about 14 when we sat down for dinner. No reservations but a call ahead (starts at 5p) to get a table. Our server not only provided us with excellent service but also the two other 8-top tables in the back with us.
Our meals were delicious and everyone was served, plenty to drink and the overall was service was well done!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Wonderful restaurant in Oxford. Good for friends, business, a romantic night out. Great food, and staff! Also, 1st time called to pick-up food instead of eating at the restaurant. Meal was just as delicious!

1  Thank chatham177
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Wonderful Italian food. We had asked from friends where to eat while we were in town and Paesano's was top of the list. It is in a very small house and the dining area is small. No reservations, and we didn't know about "calling ahead" but being a Wednesday night we didn't think it would be too busy. We were wrong. But because there were only two of us there was room at the little bar and we ate there. My husband had an Italian beer along with a huge serving of lasagna and I had fettuccine with the soup of the day.

There were families enjoying a nice dinner with their students and academics discussing the latest in biochemistry research.

One note, it took us a bit to find the place. Our GPS had us on the wrong end of the street, as did the Google Maps link on the Trip Advisor site. Paesano's sits about middle of the block.