“My FAVORITE winery”
Review of D&D Smith Winery

D&D Smith Winery
Ranked #28 of 45 Restaurants in Norwalk
Reviewed 17 February 2016

I love this winery! It is owned by a married couple, The Smith's, who produce some of their wines with their sons. I went once and that was enough to convince me to go back again, and again. It's actually a home, with a cozy ambiance. They have a loft, which you can rent out for private events, or just enjoy the scenic view of the wooded area and stream. They have entertainment on some nights, wine and canvas events, spaghetti and taco nights, even a massage night. They've done mystery theater dinners and other events. This place has it all! They're also currently adding on. If you haven't stopped in, DO! They have a wine for everyone, and they even serve food and have ice cream!

2  Thank L C

Reviewed 21 November 2015

Hubby and I went lastnight (Thursday) at 7pm, we had a groupon we needed to use up. We got a wine tasting, 2 glasses, 1 bottle of our choice and 2 desserts. The 3rd Thursday of the month is Taco night as well as chair massage night so hubby was excited about the tacos, me not so much.
The winery is a Victorian home which is nice, nothing to special. Bottom floor has been opened up to allow for a few tables as well as the upstairs.
The taco bar was very basic (see pics) and hubby wished he saved his appetite for a bar/grill we stopped at called Dingy, great place.
I got hummus and pretzels and was given a container like you buy at the grocery store, Sabre garlic hummus with pretzels in the top of the same container (see pics).
For the dessert there was 1 choice chocolate bunt cake, it looked good but was just awful, I think it was from Aldis. I love chocolate cake, mmmm cake, but this was probably the first time I didn't take more than 1 bite and hubby didn't want the rest of mine.
The lady pouring the wine was wonderful, I wish I got her name but I did find out she is not the owner. Other reviews stated the owners are usually there and chat with guests. I did ask if the owners were here and found out the lady owner was and she was chatting with guests but never stopped to say hello to hubby and I :( I didn't think we looked scary but maybe we did).
The wines we tried, 8 of them, were fine. We each had 4 samples that are placed on top of a laminated placemat with the choice of wine under your cup so you can keep track of which wine you are trying. Hubby and I didn't find any wine that wowed us.
This winery was an hour away from our home and didn't impress so we wont be back.

1  Thank Charee W
Reviewed 6 September 2015

very friendly. very reasonable. spaghetti on friday nights. many wine selections. we had a nice evening sipping some wines.

1  Thank wahoopeg
Reviewed 2 February 2015

We came across this winery because we were in the area for the weekend and had a coupon. So glad we decided to give it a try! It's a small establishment run by a husband and wife who were very nice. When we got there it was early, so we were the only ones there, although a couple had just left and a man walked in as we were leaving. We sampled eight of their wines between the two of us as well as their bread and oil, and coffee cake, which was SO delicious! All the wines we had were great, however the Apple Cinn was the BEST if you like a sweeter wine. They also sell a few gifts, knick-knacks, and handmade soaps and candles. I bought the body scrub which is awesome and smells fabulous!! They offer several appetizers and I believe 2 main dishes, so if you're looking for a big dinner with your wine, go somewhere else. But if you're looking to go somewhere different and out of the way to just enjoy some wine and some time with your special someone, this is a great place!

3  Thank April F