“Good food, a bit pricey but worth it”

Grinders Above & Beyond
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in North Canton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch
Description: A casual family restaurant and local favorite since 1976 with six locations featuring a variety of items including eastern style grinders, burgers, dinners, flatbreads, and appetizers. Home made soups and desserts a specialty. Voted Best of Stark 2010.
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Staff is friendly. Clean restaurant, subs are good, as are the mushrooms and the soups. Always busy during the evening, and staff does their best to keep up. Steak subs are the best

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

My steak sandwich and French onion soup were as good as they have always been. Had a long wait for a table of 7 at 830 at night. My kids Mac and cheese was awful. Literally took pasta and drizzled some sort of cheese on it. I thought she was being picky so we all tried it. Honestly can say that was the worst Mac and cheese I ever had.

Changes I would say could be better efficiency w table seating and maybe some more caring in what is served, as the Mac n cheese will be hard to forget.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Sorry to say that I could not rate it as highly as others. Food quality and quantity was just ok for the price. Plain fare and I was expecting higher quality.

1  Thank BlueHeeler777
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Went there after shopping at the Hartville Hardware store in Hartville, OH. Huge store, 2 floors, they have everything and nicely arranged. However, they seem to charge more than you might find at other stores. Anyway the cashier suggested Grinders Rest. down the street so we went there for lunch. I had the cobb salad and my wife had tuna on a croissant. Both were delicious. (We were headed first for the famous Hartville Restaurant but they are closed on Wed. [?]).

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Grinders has always been top notch since they opened and i haven't been there in a while, we seem to forget about it, Dont know why we forget, We have always been satisfied with there food and always think of it as quality food. Yesterday, I ordered my favorite "Pedros pick w/ turkey. Everything was like it should be except for the turkey.
It was so horrible it even ruined the rest of the grinder. It was like sliced imitation meat with fake turkey flavor. I hope that grinders didn't cheapen their product to save money? I would of paid more to have a better quality turkey at least what it was.
Please dont sacrifice quality for price!