“a good stop over but not a place to bring MOM”
Review of Budget Lodge Ohio

Budget Lodge Ohio
Budget Lodge Ohio
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton Falls
Reviewed 7 November 2012

While in the area for business, we needed a cheap place to bed down for 3 nights. the room [121] was clean, had a refg and micro, direct tv, alarm clock. has room for 53ft trucks and limited for OSL. [must be on your permit in Ohio]
the Water temp ... well I like hot showers... no need to turn on the cold for me...
Just off the turnpike and would be a good stop over but take MOM to the holiday inn express across the way!

Room Tip: these are older rooms and door front parking...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
BudgetLodgeOhio, Webmaster at Budget Lodge Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that you had a generally good experience with us, but I’m very concerned that we didn’t live up to your standards or expectations. We take great pride in our hotel, and I hope that shows. Plus, we’re also always working to get better. I hope you will give us another chance and see that we’re doing what we can to improve and enhance the guest experience.

Hotel Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The Good:
It was clean. No odd smells in our room. We didn't use the refrigerator microwave, or coffeemaker, but they were CLEAN. Bathroom CLEAN.New carpet.
No bedbugs. Don't laugh, it's a big issue these days
Quiet. Despite being not far off a busy road and a stone's throw from the turnpike, Quiet. No downshifting big rigs etc. No noise from neighbors on either side of us either, except for the shower in the am.
Friendly.Couldn't get our tv to work, called desk. The owner came right over and fixed it immediately, and cheerfully.
Mattress and pillows comfortable.
THE BAD:
Wallpaper clean, but coming unglued at the seams. Taped top to bottom.Not pretty.old motel.
Mirror too short for my 6'3" husband to comb his hair without ducking down.
Ugly econo twisty light bulbs. Functional, good light, just not pleasing.
THE UGLY:
Hot water not hot, cold water oddly warm.Wouldn't drink it on a bet!
The towels belong in he Guinness record book for oldest thinnest ,most stained towels in a motel.
One even had a hole, and they were slightly damp like they came out of the dryer too fast.They were fresh smelling and clean, just ugly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oweda

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m pleased that your experience with us was good in many ways, but I regret that we couldn’t completely satisfy you because of some maintenance and other issues. We take real pride in our hotel, and I apologize if we let you down in any ways. We work daily to improve the guest experience.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Trying to find a room on a Saturday night driving from PA-IL, it was 1030pm and we took this place.
The room smelled like it had not been opened it a year, moldy and stale and funky. However it had a fridge and micro and while we didn't use the micro, it was a nice touch.
But then morning came and we had NO hot water for showers. I called the front desk and the man said he would 'look into it.' I asked if there was a trick to operating the faucets and he said no. He never came to our door, and we began showering in the cold water the best we could. I had to wash my 2 year old that way, myself and my 8 year old showered too. Then my 14 year old realized that if you turned the cold nozzle halfway, you got warm water. Oh duh, silly me. So he and the 10 year old had regular showers.
I still was ticked, and wasn't too shocked to see that the 'free breakfast' was non-existent. I handed the lady [wife? I presume?] our key and said we had no hot water and our room smelled terrible. She said oh, ok thank you and that was it. Nice. Never again.
And the Warren OH area clearly never received their stimulus check. One of the most impoverished, shuttered, and wretched towns I have seen in a while.

Room Tip: Don't go here, keep driving. That's the best advice I can give.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Momathome09

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the experience here at our hotel and didn’t enjoy your time in the area either. Since your stay, we’ve made many changes, and the area has improved significantly as well. If you visit the area again, we’ll be here for you with a better experience and a clean, comfortable room.

Reviewed 13 August 2005

Newton Falls doesn't have a thriving tourism industry but there are better hotel choices than this Budget Lodge. We stayed here one night while visiting my grandmother who lives in Newton Falls. It's a very old motor lodge with the typical dark rooms and noisy window a/c units. There were bugs in the bathroom and stains on all the towels and sheets. The linens were probably clean but the stains don't give you good feeling. We recommended staying across the street at the new Holiday Inn - Newton Falls. For some reason this hotel didn't appear in our hotel search or else we would have chosen differently.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank WISCGirl

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newton Falls
19.6 km away
Avalon Inn and Resort
16.5 km away
Residence Inn Youngstown Warren/Niles

Been to Budget Lodge Ohio? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK