“It looks nice but smells terrible!”
Review of Budget Lodge Ohio

Budget Lodge Ohio
Budget Lodge Ohio
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Newton Falls
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Trying to find a room on a Saturday night driving from PA-IL, it was 1030pm and we took this place.
The room smelled like it had not been opened it a year, moldy and stale and funky. However it had a fridge and micro and while we didn't use the micro, it was a nice touch.
But then morning came and we had NO hot water for showers. I called the front desk and the man said he would 'look into it.' I asked if there was a trick to operating the faucets and he said no. He never came to our door, and we began showering in the cold water the best we could. I had to wash my 2 year old that way, myself and my 8 year old showered too. Then my 14 year old realized that if you turned the cold nozzle halfway, you got warm water. Oh duh, silly me. So he and the 10 year old had regular showers.
I still was ticked, and wasn't too shocked to see that the 'free breakfast' was non-existent. I handed the lady [wife? I presume?] our key and said we had no hot water and our room smelled terrible. She said oh, ok thank you and that was it. Nice. Never again.
And the Warren OH area clearly never received their stimulus check. One of the most impoverished, shuttered, and wretched towns I have seen in a while.

Room Tip: Don't go here, keep driving. That's the best advice I can give.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Momathome09
BudgetLodgeOhio, Webmaster at Budget Lodge Ohio, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2016

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the experience here at our hotel and didn’t enjoy your time in the area either. Since your stay, we’ve made many changes, and the area has improved significantly as well. If you visit the area again, we’ll be here for you with a better experience and a clean, comfortable room.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 13 August 2005

Newton Falls doesn't have a thriving tourism industry but there are better hotel choices than this Budget Lodge. We stayed here one night while visiting my grandmother who lives in Newton Falls. It's a very old motor lodge with the typical dark rooms and noisy window a/c units. There were bugs in the bathroom and stains on all the towels and sheets. The linens were probably clean but the stains don't give you good feeling. We recommended staying across the street at the new Holiday Inn - Newton Falls. For some reason this hotel didn't appear in our hotel search or else we would have chosen differently.

• Stayed: July 2005
14  Thank WISCGirl

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager

Been to Budget Lodge Ohio? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK